PDA

View Full Version : Variation question

Wendybird
13-10-2011, 01:22 PM
Does anyone know how long you need to look after a child before Ofsted will consider giving you a variation to take their sibling? I have a mum coming tomorrow who needs 2 days for her 2 year old, but isn't happy with the nursery her 4 year-old is in and may want a place for him too. As I have two under five myself, I only have space for one at the moment (which I have told her) but obviously would like the money and think the age span would be a good balance. Any tips or should I not even consider?

loocyloo
13-10-2011, 01:37 PM
hmmm, i'm not sure about a variation to take on an older sibling! maybe you could call them and ask? say that mum is only looking for a space for the younger child, but has said that in time she may ask if you can have older one, as she would like to settle him with you before starting school. ( then you'll have had an answer! i would think that as long as you are still within your numbers you should be ok!)

i've had them for younger siblings and they have been fine, but generally i've had the older child for a year or so at least by then.

Sarahforster
13-10-2011, 01:42 PM
You should definitely ask - if you also put a spin on it that logistically for mum it would be loads easier and the baby will settle better with older child there it will help. They will be more concerned with how you plan to safely get them from one place to another like school and pre-school run so be ready to answer such questions. Also if the child is 4 when will it start full time education and will it be going to pre-school in the meantime?