PDA

View Full Version : lovely day

Helcatt
12-10-2011, 09:30 PM
I have one mindee who comes once a week and did take a long while to settle. Usually she is fine all day and then starts to get a bit anxious around dinner time as she knows mum collects just after she has eaten

Anyway, I always worry that mum thinks little one is upset all the time, even though she has told me that she knows her child is in good hands.

This evening was great, we had some music on as we were getting the table laid and the chairs around the table and she didn't hear the doorbell go - mum arrived 30 mins earlier than expected. Mum stood in the hall, looking in to the room and could see how her little girl was interacting and bossing people about and how her little personality was. It was great! Mums face was a picture - a good one

So she got to watch her decide which colour chair should go where, where she would sit, which plate was hers etc etc and just see how confident and happy she is with us!

I am so happy that I just had to share

This is week 6 of working with hubby as my assistant and for the most part, it is going so well! And each week gets better and better as the new ones settle and become more confident and he settles in to his role - still need to remind him that I need a few moments to eat, or that he can't read the paper while they are on the slide in the garden, but we are getting there!

HX

nipper
12-10-2011, 09:33 PM
That's lovely to hear. Very often, it's the unexpected and unplanned things that make working with children so rewarding. A double whammy for you as well that mum was able to see it all going on...well worth it. I used to love spying on my two at school when I knew they couldn't see me (used to teach at their school). Nice to hear you other half is being whipped into shape too!!!
Keep up the good work.

sarah707
13-10-2011, 07:04 AM
That sounds lovely for mum! It can be so hard for them to go off every day and any reassurance we can give them is so important :D