PDA

View Full Version : How would you write in your behaviour policy.........

clorogue
12-10-2011, 08:40 PM
the right to terminate the contract immediately if a child in your setting's behaviour is of out of control/danger to others. If that is the case and you were out of the settling in period and you do terminate, have you the right to ask for month's notice if you see what I mean? Just reviewing my policies.

Thanks

christine e
13-10-2011, 05:36 AM
Not really sure what you are asking. Do you mean if you terminate contract without notice due to child's unacceptable behaviour can you ask for payment for what should have been the notice period? If this is what you are asking I would say NO as you have forfeited the notice period

Christine

BuggsieMoo
13-10-2011, 06:34 AM
If you use NCMA's contracts - check out clause 25 on the back - it covers this and says what you should do. You could use this as a basis to write your policy. However I agree, if you can't offer the notice period then you cannot charge. If you can offer it and they do not use it, charge.
Lisa x

miffy
13-10-2011, 06:38 AM
Not really sure what you are asking. Do you mean if you terminate contract without notice due to child's unacceptable behaviour can you ask for payment for what should have been the notice period? If this is what you are asking I would say NO as you have forfeited the notice period

Christine

I agree with Christine - if you are terminating the contract without notice due to the child's behaviour then you should not ask for payment for the notice period

Miffy xx

clorogue
13-10-2011, 08:50 AM
Thank you everyone, I just wondered what childminders would do with regard to fees in that situation. I haven't got a NCMA contract but thank you for mentioning it to me. I just was wondering what wording to put in. Thank you for your help.

The Juggler
13-10-2011, 10:04 AM
i have a clause in my behaviour policy which is along the lines of

.... will call parent to collect if behaviour is endangering others
.... will work on plan with parent to resolve issues
..... if this doesnt' improve behaviour and there is a danger to others then it may be that the child will be happier in another setting. Notice may be given or in severe circumstances, the contract may be terminated immediately, hopefully following discussions with parents and by mutual agreement.

If you terminate without notice then no fees will be due by parent other than for care provided to that date.:thumbsup:

clorogue
13-10-2011, 10:17 AM
Thank you so much, so if they paid a month in advance and you had to terminate immediately, they would have to be reimbursed. Just want to cover myself in case I am in that situation ever!! Thanks a million.