PDA

View Full Version : nursery learning journals

lulubelle
12-10-2011, 06:51 PM
do i need parents permission to ask my mindees nursery to see his learning journal? i have him 2 full days, he is at nursery 3/4 of the 3rd day then i pick him up. mum and i have suspissions we are being lied to about what he has eaten/done during the day. he was going there for a year before i had him and mum was never shown any work, seen work on wall, photos of him on wall etc! mum is too nervous to ask them about learning journal etc tho so i said i didnt mind!

uf353432
12-10-2011, 07:00 PM
mum just needs to give nursery written permission that you can view the learning journal.

My advice would be for her to write a letter to the nursery manager - saying that you are the regstered childminder caring for her son and is doing EYFS observations, therefore she is giving them permission to share any observation they have made with you including his learning journal.

If mum is suspicious that this is not happening - then I would suggest she makes a copy of her letter to give to you - and when you ask to see his learning journal and they feign that they haven't seen any letter you can take you copy out of your pocket and show them yours.

lulubelle
12-10-2011, 07:13 PM
thanks will ask mum to do it for me ready for next week! mum is thinking about taking him out and placeing him with me another day as totally settled etc and loves coming here! other option is trying to get him into my sons pre school with him 1 or 2 mornings!

lulubelle
13-10-2011, 09:16 AM
mum has decided that she doesnt want him in the nursery at all and def wants to place him here with me more! He is so unhappy at nursery and not settled at all in over a year there! gonna try and get him into pre school on mondays with my little boy!

sarah707
13-10-2011, 05:55 PM
I am pleased it is sorted out.

Poor mum it sounds like they weren't giving her the full story especially if he's not settled after all that time.

I hope it settles down for him now x