PDA

View Full Version : MM members/ex-members, advice please

nikkia77
12-10-2011, 04:41 PM
I need insurance for 1-2 weeks, phoned NCMA & Michael Morton & although both only do it for a year, MM said that with them if I sign up and pay for the year I can cancel when I like for a £5 cancellation charge and they will refund what I haven't used

My question is, has anyone done this/had experience of this, is it that simple & do you get the money back quick

sarah707
12-10-2011, 05:09 PM
I would ask for it in writing then you know exactly what they will / won't do.

I have to say their service has always been excellent in the past but I've never done anything like this.

Good luck with it all :D

haribo
20-10-2011, 12:43 PM
hi,im due to renew insurance and rang to explain i have NO children on the books and can i defer it till i do , and they said its a requirement of ofsted that if your registered with them you need insurance at all times..with the exception of pregnancy or critical illness ! is this true .how did you get on?

rickysmiths
20-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Can I just comment. You only buy insurance from MM. You are not a member because they are just a commercial insurance broker selling insurance services.

I would check but I agree if you are registered with Ofsted it is a requirement of your registration that you are insured. Remeber an ex parent could make a claim at anytime as well so you would want access to legal help.

haribo
20-10-2011, 03:08 PM
thanks rickysmiths .. i will check .though ..saw a thread where someone just wanted insurance for 2 weeks so got me wondering :panic: