PDA

View Full Version : anybody used 20% ELC discount for being a CM?

Demonjill
12-10-2011, 01:18 PM
I just confirmed my local ELC still do the 20% discount off full price stuff for childminders.

So im off to have a look tomorrow when i get a chance.

Has anyone else used this?

What has everyone been buying from ELC recently?

Goatgirl
12-10-2011, 01:25 PM
Hi :),
I do have the card for discount - needed 'proof' to get it. NCMA membership card or certificate.

I have used it from time to time, but to be honest I usually buy from there during sales which are usually more discounted and you can't use the card discount for any transaction that is under any other offer.

Worth it if you really want something that's full price. Think they have a sale on at the mo :D

Happy shopping!

bws,
Wendy :)

nikki thomson
12-10-2011, 01:33 PM
Hi, I love ELC but you use to beable to use your discount card on-line there was abit for cm/nurseries but now there isn't, you can only use it in-store which is a real shame as the two local to us have closed down and the nearest one now is in mothercare a round trip of 40miles.
Such a shame, I still buy from there but usually things for my children not cm things, I love all the wooden kitchen stuff they do,my dd loves it and they have bought out some new things for this year which I will get. X

edayhouse
12-10-2011, 02:51 PM
I thought that it was just 10% that childminders got.....my card has expired so will need to go into the shop with my certificate for another one - to be honest i generally only buy stuff that is on sale and you dont get the discount if this is the case.....

PixiePetal
12-10-2011, 02:55 PM
it is 10% - or thats what I thought?

You can register online at the nursery bit - I emailed and asked and have registered and shopped with them - some offers are different. My nearest store is 2 bus rides each way :rolleyes: so not likely to use them otherwise

christine e
12-10-2011, 03:49 PM
Well I went in today and used my card and the salesperson said to me 'do you realise that you are getting 20% discount' it seems they increased it at some point as a special promotion and have not got round to putting it back to 10%, she said they have contacted their HO a few times about it but as yet nothing been done. I went back and did a bit more shopping:jump for joy:

Cx

rosebud
12-10-2011, 03:53 PM
It definitely used to be 10% off and I got a catalogue yesterday with a 20% discount for anyone to use so don't think our cards are such a good deal anymore. The offered discount is only valid for a limited period though I suppose.

lulubelle
12-10-2011, 06:53 PM
yes i use mine quite a lot!

mummyMia
12-10-2011, 08:23 PM
I use it online and I only get 10%. I have never used it in store.

This is the website:
www.elc.co.uk/nurseries

All you need is your Ofsted number to register and it is really quick. I have found that online I am able to get the 10% discount off some items that are already discounted! So a double discount in some cases. :) Just last month I bought some Aquadoodle mats that were 20% off and got a further 10% off the sale price. Definitely worth registering!

mrs_scottydog
12-10-2011, 08:32 PM
I got my card recently and it says 10% discount on it, but when I've used it the discount has come up as 20% on the receipt.
As mentioned already there is a sale at the moment, mainly Happy Land toys from memory.
Happy shopping! :) Hx

jayjay1963
13-10-2011, 04:51 AM
It's definitely 20% off as an everyday discount, but as florabird says they have a sale on at the moment. It's 50% off a large selection of the toys over half term, mostly the bigger stuff, but worth a look:D

Jacqui