PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know of a fantastic forum like this but for Pre School/Nursery?l

mandy moo
12-10-2011, 08:54 AM
As the title says really,
The Ladies and Gents on this forum give so much fantastic advice, but Im down to just after schoolers now and although Im happy with that the buiscuit tin becons to often :blush: I need to be doing something during the day.

I have been doing some ad-hoc for our local preschool where they have a little boy with Down Syndrome, If they can get funding for 1 to 1 they have sort of asked me if I would like the job, as 'your the only one here with any experience with a child with Down Syndrome'
Yes please was the answer to that :)

I dont know anyone in RL who does the same sort of thing job wise, no one to bat ideas about with IYSWIM,
So I thought prehaps some one on here might know a good website I could try, I know theres a few on here that work/did work in pre-school/nursery that might have come across a good one.

Any other thoughts, experiences etc welcome

:)

Ripeberry
12-10-2011, 08:59 AM
Not sure if there is. This kind of forum is for self employed people, but if you are working for someone else not sure if they would approve of employees having a forum.
Could be wrong though.

Pauline
12-10-2011, 09:50 AM
If you think you could get some input from others in a similar job we could always have a 'other childcare workers' section, it might be slow to get going but might well be found by others in the future.

Childminding and other childcare jobs are very similar on the basics of childcare so it could well compliment the Forum :thumbsup:

mandy moo
12-10-2011, 12:00 PM
Well I know there is the TES site, but had a brief look and does seem geared towards Teachers IYKWIM.

Would a poll work then Pauline?
See what sort of response you get with that?

I dont know if I dare say this :o
But on Mumsnet there is a sub forum called Childcare & Work, under that there is a sub sub forum for Childminders, Nannies & Au Pairs I have a look on there occassionaly to be nosey :blush: You have all of the latter posting on there.

So yes it might work?

ChocolateChip
12-10-2011, 12:54 PM
I think a 'complementary' forum would be a great idea, one of my friends worked for a children's home and she had nowhere like this to turn to.
It might also help those of us who are changing from one childcare sector to another, as that seems to happen quite a lot, a multi-faceted approach might be just the thing for people in mandy moo's situation.

Blaze
12-10-2011, 01:19 PM
I think a 'complementary' forum would be a great idea, one of my friends worked for a children's home and she had nowhere like this to turn to.
It might also help those of us who are changing from one childcare sector to another, as that seems to happen quite a lot, a multi-faceted approach might be just the thing for people in mandy moo's situation.

I agree - yes please! Think we can all compliment each other.:)

Pauline
12-10-2011, 01:19 PM

Yes I agree and I always think it a shame that we lose some members or they only stay as 'friends' not working colleagues :)

Pauline
12-10-2011, 01:22 PM
Well I know there is the TES site, but had a brief look and does seem geared towards Teachers IYKWIM.

Would a poll work then Pauline?
See what sort of response you get with that?

I dont know if I dare say this :o
But on Mumsnet there is a sub forum called Childcare & Work, under that there is a sub sub forum for Childminders, Nannies & Au Pairs I have a look on there occassionaly to be nosey :blush: You have all of the latter posting on there.

So yes it might work?

I think I might just do it and see how it goes, anything that helps improve outcomes for children by offering their carers a chance to get help and advice can only be positive in my opinion. Thanks Mandy for the idea :thumbsup:

Blaze
12-10-2011, 01:47 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

WibbleWobble
12-10-2011, 01:57 PM
I agree - yes please! Think we can all compliment each other.:)

and i will be the first...

ooh blaze you do look lovely today in your yellow and purple outfit

and you dont look fat in it

mandyxx

(Have i got the wrong end of the stick?)

mandy moo
12-10-2011, 06:32 PM
:blush: S'ok, glad I can be of use/help :blush:

will look forwad to seeing what you come up with Pauline :)

Pauline
12-10-2011, 08:57 PM
:blush: S'ok, glad I can be of use/help :blush:

will look forwad to seeing what you come up with Pauline :)

I will get something sorted at the weekend :thumbsup:

Blaze
12-10-2011, 09:36 PM
and i will be the first...

ooh blaze you do look lovely today in your yellow and purple outfit

and you dont look fat in it

mandyxx

(Have i got the wrong end of the stick?)

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :D ...With a :eek: at the thought of someone seeing me in a yellow & purple outfit!:p

Demonjill
12-10-2011, 11:53 PM
Well I am first in line to see this yellow and purple outfit or maybe that should be

YELLOW AND PURPLE OUTFIT!!!!!:eek: :D

hee hee :laughing: :laughing:

Come on dont be shy Blaze lol:p

Rubybubbles
13-10-2011, 09:22 PM
If you think you could get some input from others in a similar job we could always have a 'other childcare workers' section, it might be slow to get going but might well be found by others in the future.

Childminding and other childcare jobs are very similar on the basics of childcare so it could well compliment the Forum :thumbsup:

I would be interest in this now I am working in a Day nursery (pre-school room):clapping: I still come onto the forum as such a vast amount on knowledge on here, if I get stuck I know I find it here!

There is a few of us now that are no longer childminding but in childcare:thumbsup:

Pauline
16-10-2011, 10:21 AM
As promised here it is! :thumbsup:

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=125

Rubybubbles
17-10-2011, 07:51 PM
As promised here it is! :thumbsup:

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=125

ohh yeah thanks x:thumbsup: