PDA

View Full Version : Feel sick, have been and the baby has very runny nappies!

Ripeberry
12-10-2011, 08:37 AM
Not sure what to do. Woke up this morning feeling a bit ill, but it went away for a bit. J and E the mindees dropped off at 7.30am and after having their breakfast, the baby E had three very runny nappies in a row, but seems happy enough in himself.
I've just taken J up to pre-school and I just got in the door at home and had to be sick (thank goodness for downstairs loo).

Not sure if my being ill is related to the baby having these bad nappies, they were with me on Monday and everything was fine then.

I'm hoping that it will go away now, but at least E is now having a nap and I've got time to try and look after myself.

But can I send home for very runny nappies? If he does anymore today then I will ring for mum to collect early, but I don't want to let on that I'm sick as then I won't get paid :(

Joys of childminding :rolleyes:

Velleity
12-10-2011, 08:39 AM
Not sure what to advise however wanted to say that I hope you feel better soon. Absolutely hate feeling sick.

smurfette
12-10-2011, 08:52 AM
If mindee has had three lots of
Runny nappies I would say it's diarrohea so send him home and get some rest ..
Suppose if you are too sick tomorrow to mind then you will forfeit money and of
Course you have 24 / 48 hour rule there dont you? What does your policy say?

Anyway hugs hope u feel better had the same Here last week and lost two days money as my own were down with it!

Ripeberry
12-10-2011, 08:56 AM
If mindee has had three lots of
Runny nappies I would say it's diarrohea so send him home and get some rest ..
Suppose if you are too sick tomorrow to mind then you will forfeit money and of
Course you have 24 / 48 hour rule there dont you? What does your policy say?

Anyway hugs hope u feel better had the same Here last week and lost two days money as my own were down with it!

That's the thing, if E goes home because of runny nappies then it's 48 hours exclusion, but parents will still pay. If I'm sick, I don't get paid for two days.

A couple of years ago I rang to say that I was too ill to mind and the mum said she was just about to ring me to say that mindee was sick!
Just my luck to ring first :(
I'm hoping a neighbour can collect my own kids from school this PM.

And yes I'll have to forfeit tomorrow, but it's only a short day (6hrs).
Today it's a 10hr day.

smurfette
12-10-2011, 09:01 AM
Well regardless of how you feel little one shouldn't be with you so in my opinion mum should pay you .. Maybe in 48 hours you will be better?

FussyElmo
12-10-2011, 10:06 AM
Even if you send the baby home becuase of the runny nappies (and I would do so) you really ought to close for J and any other mindees you may have - its the downside of this job.

rickysmiths
12-10-2011, 10:13 AM
Is the baby teething? Could the runny nappies be a result of that?

Ripeberry
12-10-2011, 12:00 PM
He is more dribbly than usual. No more nasty nappies, but I still feel rubbish :(

rosebud
12-10-2011, 12:05 PM
I'm not ill very often but have had to send children home when I've been sick once. If I'm only sick once then I'll carry on working (as prob not a bug and parents think I'm skiving) but if I'm sick again then I send them home. The sickness policy applies to me too and if I'm being sick I can't look after their children properly.

jake
12-10-2011, 12:12 PM
Hi sorry to interupt but one of my mindees parents rang me this morning to say that she (not the mindee)was being sick and that she was not well enough to bring her child this morning.Do i have to exclude the child when a parent has sickness bug? thanks jake

dusky777
12-10-2011, 01:12 PM
Well im a 2 runny nappies and your sent home woman!
7 month old arrived this morning with mum advising he has had a runny nappy and to call her if he has anymore...he had 2 more inthe space of 30 mins and has now gone home.
last week i have sent home 1 mindee for being sick on the monday after 48 hours exclusion (she was never sick again at home!!) Then back in thursday sick again so i sent home again with another 48 hours exclusion! Mindees mum and dad both came down with it but mindee was only sick the 2 occassions with me?!
I have myself and my family to think of i cant afford to be being sick or having my children sick as that will be no income for me!!

Goatgirl
12-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Hi sorry to interupt but one of my mindees parents rang me this morning to say that she (not the mindee)was being sick and that she was not well enough to bring her child this morning.Do i have to exclude the child when a parent has sickness bug? thanks jake

No. You can't really do this as there may be a big family and they all come down with a bug one at a time: not fair to be excluded for ages but still presumably paying for a place if nothing wrong with the child.
In your situation I would say as you are still open you will accept child if she is completely well and can be dropped and collected, but to keep an eye on child and please keep off sick if she seems to be coming down with the bug. I still charge if I am available but mindees do not attend for ANY reason.

best wishes,
Wendy :)

Ripeberry
12-10-2011, 01:58 PM
Just an update, then once my kids are back from school I'm going to bed!
I ended up calling the parents as I was just getting worse and worse and had to go upstairs twice to be sick :(

Bless them, they were behaving very well and knew that I was not well, J even brought me The 'Little Miss Sunshine' Mr Men book and said that I was supposed to look like her!

Parents were great and came within 40 mins, just in time for another trip upstairs.
I'll work through most things, but this kind of bug is HORRIBLE!

My hands are red raw from washing them so much.