PDA

View Full Version : Do Ofsted talk to parents?

Wendybird
11-10-2011, 08:46 PM
I am due my first inspection sometime after December. I was just wondering, do Ofsted talk to your parents or do they just come and make a judgement based on how you present yourself and your paperwork?

miffy
11-10-2011, 08:51 PM
If parents are there during the inspection then the inspector will probably talk to them.

For my last inspection I asked parents if they wanted to write any comments for Ofsted and three of them wrote letters for the inspector.

Miffy xx

Wendybird
11-10-2011, 09:05 PM
Oh, that's a really good idea! :thumbsup:

blue bear
11-10-2011, 09:06 PM
I get my parents to write out a letter of thoughts in a sealed envelope for me to give to the inspector. At the last inspection one of my parents dropped off during the inspection and had a chat with the inspector.

The Juggler
11-10-2011, 09:20 PM
i give mine an ofsted comments form to complete before my inspection. i think they only talk to them if they happen to be in the house at the time of inspectioin, they don't usually call them or anything.

zippy
11-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Mine did as there was adrop off while she was there got me a massive tick in communicating with parents as mum was sat there telling me all about what he had been up to over the weekend lol

nokidshere
12-10-2011, 10:57 AM
My Ofsted inspector met one of my parents at pick up time during the inspection. Mrs O said to the parent "do your children like coming here" My parent replied "of course they don't they hate it, thats why I send them" :laughing: :laughing:

Goatgirl
12-10-2011, 11:31 AM
My inspector rang before the day and asked me to let parents know there would be an inspection and to put any comments they would like to make into an email and email them to her via ofsted. No one did.

A sealed letter is a good idea, if you're failrly sure they'll say nice things :D

best wishes,
Wendy :)

QualityCare
12-10-2011, 06:50 PM
A friend of mine had her inspection a couple of weeks ago and gave her parents a questionnaire to fill in Mrs O rang two of the parents during the inspection to check the forms were genuine and they had filled them in themselves.

Cammie Doodle
12-10-2011, 07:33 PM
One of my Parents was off sick when I had an inspection and she spoke to Mrs O on the phone and gave me a glowing report :blush:

Helcatt
12-10-2011, 07:46 PM
I had my inspection 2 years ago and she asked for info on parents and called one of the mums a couple of days before the inspection.

When she first asked, I said that Mum wasn't great at doing letters etc so she said she would call rather than me not have any feedback from clients

HX

Tatjana
12-10-2011, 10:42 PM
Yes, the inspector spoke to the dad when he dropped off...he looked more nervous than I did lol!!

Cazz
12-10-2011, 11:43 PM
I always give my parents a questionnaire at the start of the new tax year but I brought it forward when I knew I had an inspection due.

She read the questionnaires and quoted part of one in my report - she didn't check that they were genuine but I did have a really really nice inspector!

As has already said - if a parent happens to be there when they are I think they would want to talk to them.

Don't worry - they really are human! Good luck!