PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone out there a metal head ?????

katie78
11-10-2011, 07:12 PM
Just curious really, as the title says, is anyone out there a metal head like me ?????

I have got my girls in bed and am chilling out with Black Stone Cherry on very happy as im about to find a well lovely colour to paint my nails as its my birthday tomorrow and a bit of colour on them is needed i think :-) !!

If there are super cool people out there with super dooper taste in music do you listen to any during the day with the mindees around ???

I have had Kerrang radio on sometimes quietly in the background although they would not have any offensive sweary music on in the day so its ok i think, but what do others think ???

Thanks in advance to whoever may reply :D

Pipsqueak
11-10-2011, 07:18 PM
I am probably more old school metal... bit of alice and the like.
Yes I would play it when the kids are here, same as i would play Take That, classical, national/regional music and all sorts.

If its 'suitable' for little ears then I don't see a problem with introducing children to a variety of music

The Juggler
11-10-2011, 08:15 PM
I'm more of a motown and soul fan (with a bit of indie thrown in). Although of late me and the littlies have been dancing/listening to lots of zumba tracks lately :blush: great for jumping about and drumming :D

When I first started minding I introduced my older mindees to the delights of vinyl in the school hols, we had on the Beatles, Bowie, Elvis and all sorts.

next hols they asked me if we could listen to those round plastic things again :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

singingcactus
11-10-2011, 08:22 PM
I have metal on most of the time :thumbsup: . My littlest comes in and fusses by the stereo if it's not on when he arrives. In fact I actually decided to put some chill out music on the other day and when the disc changed to it the kids stopped dancing and just looked at me like I'd lost my mind!
Haha, my wonderful little rockers. They like it metal and they like it LOUD!

Macca3437
11-10-2011, 09:26 PM
We have kerrang on alot in our house, my 2 year old loves it. She's got her own guitar, which she plays and dances with and can head bang better than hubby and me. She also tells me off if I switch the channel (mostly be accident i note)

She actuallys prefers the heavier stuff, she's a super little rocker already.
I am so proud.

Keep up the work, I say

Helen Dempster
11-10-2011, 09:39 PM
I've always got some rock channel on...we're always listening to the Foo Fighters and the kids love 'em. So many guitars in my house, acoustic and electric - I would looooooooove to be able to play like Jimi Hendrix!!!!!

katie78
11-10-2011, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the replies, its been interesting reading them, Juggler i love the plastic round things !! Made me laugh so much, i have got loads of limited edition records but no record player any more :(

I feel better about having music on now as i just couldnt live without it on during the day, i think i need it as much as coffee :eek:

I love using spotify for thoe moments when you need to listen to something but you havent got it ! Came in handy the other day when i needed a wiggle fix :thumbsup:

katie78
11-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Oh P.S Macca3437 our dd1 thats 5 loves the Wildhearts and knows almost as many songs as we do and My Chemical Romance Na na na na na na song is a proper fav too, its so funny watching her dance round the front room to it !!! :D :D

mandy moo
12-10-2011, 08:34 AM
We listen to all sorts here :)
do like Bob Marley tho and
UB40
Toyah
Annie Lennox
TracyChapman
Meatloaf
Elvis
Dolly Parton could go on and on tho :blush:

WibbleWobble
12-10-2011, 10:50 AM
my avatar is a very young robert plant.....and i am married to a long haired biker

guess what i am into....

mandy xxx

*daisychain*
12-10-2011, 11:08 AM
My LO loves nothing better than to rock out to a bit of BonJovi or Guns n roses!
Took mt teenage daughter to see Pearl Jam last year, she LOVED it!
Feed them Rock I say! :clapping:

FussyElmo
12-10-2011, 11:24 AM
my avatar is a very young robert plant.....and i am married to a long haired biker

guess what i am into....

mandy xxx

Girls Aloud :laughing: :eek: :laughing:

WibbleWobble
12-10-2011, 01:15 PM
Girls Aloud :laughing: :eek: :laughing:

well actually....:laughing: :panic: :laughing:

WibbleWobble
12-10-2011, 01:20 PM
i will be serious now

i am the wrong side of 40, my mum and dad were very young when they had me. I grew up listening to pink floyd, led zep, genesis, yes etc. We lived in a commune in mcr in the 1960s.

my first gig i remember was seeing Yes when i was about 7ish.

So my music tastes are all the above plus i was a punk/goth in the early 1980s so i also have that sort of music too.

plus....i am a bit of an old hippy now.....neil young and bob dylan are some faves

also (i am a bit eclectic) i have a thing for very very old bare bones blues (well all blues but basic is best).

and i like slide guitar stuff

and.......i have a thing for neil diamond and barbra streisand

good grief!

oh i forgot....my real passion is progrock.....and i aint ashamed!!

Bitsy Beans
12-10-2011, 07:10 PM
i will be serious now

i am the wrong side of 40, my mum and dad were very young when they had me. I grew up listening to pink floyd, led zep, genesis, yes etc. We lived in a commune in mcr in the 1960s.

So my music tastes are all the above plus i was a punk/goth in the early 1980s so i also have that sort of music too.

plus....i am a bit of an old hippy now.....neil young and bob dylan are some faves

also (i am a bit eclectic) i have a thing for very very old bare bones blues (well all blues but basic is best).

good grief!

:eek: I grew up to my dad and his love of progrock. Yes are a fabulous group but really Emerson Lake and Palmer I just couldn't take to (apart from a couple of songs). I mean the LP cover for Brain Salad Surgery was frightening enough :o :laughing: :laughing:

WibbleWobble
12-10-2011, 07:14 PM
:eek: I grew up to my dad and his love of progrock. Yes are a fabulous group but really Emerson Lake and Palmer I just couldn't take to (apart from a couple of songs). I mean the LP cover for Brain Salad Surgery was frightening enough :o :laughing: :laughing:

king crimson in the court of the crimson king is the scariest i think
http://www.king-crimson.com/images/covers/in_the_courtLG4.jpg

aaaghhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Fairy Tanya
12-10-2011, 07:24 PM
Also a metaller. tho, I do like the old school and new school, emo, punk, ska, etc. am disappointed tho, as I cannot get Kerrang on my Radio. and also the signal from sky or the Kerrang and Scuzz channels are really rubbish.
So put on the Karaokee - with If your happy and you know it clap your hands, etc. you know the stuff, but would be happy to have some heavier stuff on anytime, or even a bit of folk and medieval babes etc.
So, how do you get Kerrang on your radio. I live near canterbury and only have a DAB alarm radio in my bedroom and that doesn't even pick it up. The nearest I can get to rock is Planet Rock.
Can someone please leave the channel number for fm on here please.
And don't forget in the immortal words o Tommy Vance "ROCK ON!!!":thumbsup:

Tanya
xXx
:clapping:

Playmate
12-10-2011, 08:09 PM
i will be serious now

good grief!

Oooow memories :D

I used to be quite a rocker but I think my tastes have mellowed as I got older. Still love Genesis, Meatloaf, and Scorpions however quite like alot the new romantic stuff of the 80's - Spandau Ballet, Duran Duran etc. Must admit don't often listen to my own music with 3 teenagers in the house :rolleyes:
DS into musical theatre as that is what he is studying and both DD's are into Adelle at the moment which I'm quite inspired by :D

Bitsy Beans
12-10-2011, 08:28 PM
I currently spend my time changing channels between Absolute Radios 80's and 90's station to heat station :o whereby one mindee told me she loves listening to Rhianna. She's nearly 5 :eek: :eek: I hope she's not been listening to S&M :laughing:
Mind you I can talk my kids love having music on in the car and Lady Gaga and Katy Perry is a real favourite (although songs with swearing etc are skipped over ;))