PDA

View Full Version : BRILLIANT *sarcasm*!!!!

Nature'sKids!
11-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Ugh!!!
Rang fish at the beginning of summer hols to be put on waiting list. Got told there was a course in September. Never heard anything so rang gain 1st September. Took name down, put on waiting list (again) still hear nothing. Rang today and she could see me on waiting list ... Contact details all correct... There WAS a course in september and next one is December / January - and I'm away on holiday!!! Argh!!!
So beeping bleep bleep
Bleep off lol

Needed to vent.

She said I'd get a phonecall for a chat or something soon hopefully.
How annoying I could be well on my way now!!!! :'(

mummyMia
11-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Poor you! I was on a waiting list for 6 months until I found out that I could just apply to Ofsted online without going on any pre-reg course. That's what I did and am now fully registered:)

Had to think for a while what 'fish' you had called:laughing:

Helen79
11-10-2011, 03:52 PM
how frustrating. I registered before I finished doing the icp course. That was 4 years ago so not sure if it's changed now but when I did it you could phone ofsted to get the registration process started and had to complete the icp course within 6 months of being registered.

Nature'sKids!
11-10-2011, 04:07 PM
Really? Oh I might ring ofsted then! thanks :)

Twinkles
11-10-2011, 06:18 PM
In our area ( Surrey ) you must complete the course within 6 months of being registered.

They don't advertise that fact though and like you to do the course first.

In fact I had an argument with one of the early years team who told me my husband couldn't be registered without having done the course ( he had actually done it but they took forever to send his coursework back ). When I said ' Actually that's not true is it ?' she got all flustered and did a lot of back tracking.

If you register without going on the course you will have to pay for your own first aid course and find a safeguarding course too. But it's worth starting the ball rolling. Have you tried neighbouring councils to see if you could go on one of their courses ?

Nature'sKids!
12-10-2011, 02:19 PM
In our area ( Surrey ) you must complete the course within 6 months of being registered.

They don't advertise that fact though and like you to do the course first.

In fact I had an argument with one of the early years team who told me my husband couldn't be registered without having done the course ( he had actually done it but they took forever to send his coursework back ). When I said ' Actually that's not true is it ?' she got all flustered and did a lot of back tracking.

If you register without going on the course you will have to pay for your own first aid course and find a safeguarding course too. But it's worth starting the ball rolling. Have you tried neighbouring councils to see if you could go on one of their courses ?

I actually did a course 4 or 5 years ago but then got pregnant and it all fell apart lol! I went through fish then too and was put in a course a few towns away so I'm guessing it's this whole of east riding they cover anyway.

Im going to wait and see what happens now. I rang ofsted too and she told me how I could get registered.
I should get a call within te week about the course so hopefully things will move on quickly now.