PDA

View Full Version : My First Mindees and fees!

kellsbells
13-05-2008, 07:23 PM
Hi all, I have been a child minder since jan, Moved and now have just got my first two!!!!! mindees which are siblings.

I just wanted to advise what i have done and ask any of you pro's lol
if you think I have done it all correctly and would you change anything?

Mother works 10 shifts over 2 weeks, so it's one week of 5 days, then the next week of 3 days and so on.....
So I have quoted her for 26 weeks for 5 days and 26 weeks of 3 days, how would I put this on the contract? Would I just contract her for 3 days as that is what she does every week? or something else? and also how does holidays work how do you include this in the contract?

Also the mother wants to pay me the extra each week so that when the holidays come she doesnt have any other outlay other than the set amount each week, I said ok what's your advice on this?

Sorry to go on! Any advice is greatly appreciated! it's so exciting! My first mindees!!!! Plus I have advised her I need a weeks deposit which is taken off the last week of her contract.

Kellsbells :laughing:

mrsb
13-05-2008, 07:28 PM
The way I would do it is work out how many hours a year you would have them, divide that by 52 and that is average weekly hours, then X that by your hourly rate and that should be your weekly income.

as for the holidays, do you not have the kids in holidays or do you have them extra hours?

kellsbells
13-05-2008, 07:59 PM
I have them exactly the same days during the holiday but for the mums whole shifts which is 7am to 2pm so would I include this in the contract?

Thanks Sarah!

mrsb
13-05-2008, 08:30 PM
hhmm i've not done shifts before, to be honest though I would just add (To include school holidays 7am-2pm ) next to the usual hours in the contract :)

kellsbells
13-05-2008, 08:32 PM
Thanks mrsb! Sorry I called you sarah! I had just read a thread with her name on it! lol

angeldelight
14-05-2008, 07:34 AM
If you are happy with this then go for it - its what works best for you at the end of the day

Dont forget to get payments in advance though every Monday so you are never out of pocket

Good luck with the new children - when do they start with you ?

Angel xxx

kellsbells
16-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Monday! ;-)

I've just signed the contracts, making her pay a deposit of £150.00, have put in contract that she has to give 4 weeks notice if terminating and also put in that I have 2 weeks paid holiday, If she goes on Holiday it's paid and if the mindees are absent it's paid, I also stated that fees are to be paid in advance on a Monday and if for any reason she doesn't pay within that week our contract is automatically terminated!
I read through the NCMA handbook before I filled in the contract to make sure I cover everything ;)

I'm just so worried about changing everything financially on my side, As although I'm covered by my contract my financial situation is in the hands of these parents which is quite worrying! :panic:

miffy
16-05-2008, 08:21 PM
Well done - pleased you've got it sorted

miffy xx

angeldelight
17-05-2008, 08:03 AM
Well done for getting it sorted

Angel xx