PDA

View Full Version : Best and worst?

Nature'sKids!
11-10-2011, 01:55 PM
What were the most positively commented on things at your inspection and what were the most negative comments about?

What do they say about ornaments or "clutter" as some people refer it to lol
And cleanliness? (dust, crumbs etc?)

I'm starting to set up our downstairs as a space for childminding, still not registered though.
Just want to be prepared :)

rosebud
11-10-2011, 01:57 PM
She liked the "flow" of the space - that children can operate independently and autonomously, they can access toys, aprons, toilet, coats, shoes, etc and therefore are able to make choices about what they do. She also liked the free flow access to outside and that children are able to go out whenever they want to.

Nature'sKids!
11-10-2011, 02:09 PM
Thank you! Good to heR about the outside - this is something I can offer. Don't know aboutthe flow of the space though, our house is quite higgledy Piggledy lol. Doesn't flow all to well - something I'm working on with constantly rearranging furniture though lol

I'll definitely keep that in mind though and try and figure something out...

rosebud
11-10-2011, 02:54 PM
Don't worry too much. Your home is your home and what works for one person doesn't for another, as long as you're happy with it and its safe and clean thats all that matters. You will find what works and what doesn't once you start and sometimes you have to change little things to suit certain children - removing all your ornaments for example!!

Nature'sKids!
11-10-2011, 03:19 PM
Have a 4 1/2 yr old an 19 mnth old anyway so always arranging things to try and make things work better - lots of toys too as ive kept almost everything we ever had (always asked for wooden good quality stuff so it would last - paid off!!)
So a wide range of ages (from birth to school age pretty much!)

Does the amount of toys come in when being inspected?

sarah707
11-10-2011, 05:06 PM
My inspector liked the way children could get in or out without having to ask an adult to help them - we work hard to promote their independence skills from their first days with us.

Also how our outside provision complements inside rather than mirrors it.

You'll be fine! Wait and see what is said first and then make changes if necessary :D

Nature'sKids!
11-10-2011, 06:55 PM
My inspector liked the way children could get in or out without having to ask an adult to help them - we work hard to promote their independence skills from their first days with us.

Also how our outside provision complements inside rather than mirrors it.

You'll be fine! Wait and see what is said first and then make changes if necessary :D

Can you explain what you mean with your outside complementing rather than mirroring?

rosebud
11-10-2011, 07:59 PM
Have a 4 1/2 yr old an 19 mnth old anyway so always arranging things to try and make things work better - lots of toys too as ive kept almost everything we ever had (always asked for wooden good quality stuff so it would last - paid off!!)
So a wide range of ages (from birth to school age pretty much!)

Does the amount of toys come in when being inspected?

I have 12 & 7 year olds and have kept almost every toy they've ever had - my house is overflowing!

PixiePetal
11-10-2011, 08:09 PM
mine liked the way I make the most of my available space to its best indoors. Can't do free flow - unless we knock the house about! but I make good use of the garden and our farmland/woods for being outside.

Liked that children were obviously happy and thriving physically and mentally here and I am in tune with their individual needs :thumbsup: