PDA

View Full Version : Rising 5's, My Inspector's view

Ms WG
11-10-2011, 01:30 PM
Carry on as normal under the old NMS for Rising Fives !

aly
11-10-2011, 03:14 PM
my friend had her inspection 2 weeks ago and then she came to me...but i was out :panic:
anyway she said the same, but ive been worrying as my mindee is nearly 5 etc so a riser but i've onlyu got him 2 more times until he is 5 {half term week}...but my daughter is classed as a riser so would you say the same applied too?...wish she would come already..been 4 months now.

Ms WG
11-10-2011, 03:37 PM
I dont have any rising fives at the moment, mine are all well under; but if I did, I would carry on counting them as rising fives, so would apply the same to your daughter.

my friend had her inspection 2 weeks ago and then she came to me...but i was out :panic:
anyway she said the same, but ive been worrying as my mindee is nearly 5 etc so a riser but i've onlyu got him 2 more times until he is 5 {half term week}...but my daughter is classed as a riser so would you say the same applied too?...wish she would come already..been 4 months now.

sarah707
11-10-2011, 05:04 PM
From what I gather nothing is sorted yet and it depends on the inspector.

I suppose at a push you could argue continuity of care but until the actually change the NMSs it will continue to be an issue :(

THIS IS WALES FOR THOSE WHO ARE WORRYING!

Ms WG
11-10-2011, 05:06 PM
It's crazy, you'd think all Inspectors would be singing from the same hymn sheet !

aly
11-10-2011, 05:49 PM
It's crazy, you'd think all Inspectors would be singing from the same hymn sheet !
exactly!!:panic::panic::panic:

tulip0803
11-10-2011, 06:43 PM
I had my inspection on the 30th September and my inspector said that their office is working that if you cared for the child before the new NMS started and they were starting Easter or September 2011 then they would classify them under the old regs - any new starter after 1st April or starting school from Jan 2012 should be classified under the NMS. I only had one but Mum has decided not to return to college.

I think they made this decision to allow for continuity of care but for new starters and after a certain date we have to plan that they will still be under 5 according to the NMS. Unless our lovely Manjay (and the NCMA) works her magic on the powers that be:D

manjay
12-10-2011, 03:38 PM
I have got our lovely Assembly Member on the case. He is tabling a question to the minister which means legally they have to provide an answer as to when it will be sorted:D

It is completely unacceptable that it is taking so long and also the inconsistency between CSSIW offices continues to be a problem. I have been reliably informed that CSSIW have someone new in charge and NCMA continue to lobby them as well as the WG.

Will keep you all updated

amanda x

Mel_Johnson
19-10-2011, 03:32 PM
I'm just wandering if someone could clarify for me what a rising 5 is. I have LO who is currently 3 but is 4 in 2 weeks. He is in full time school. We he count as a rising 5.

Thanks
Mel

aly
19-10-2011, 03:58 PM
I'm just wandering if someone could clarify for me what a rising 5 is. I have LO who is currently 3 but is 4 in 2 weeks. He is in full time school. We he count as a rising 5.

Thanks
Mel
no it's when he is already 4 and due to be 5 and in full time school.

Chatterbox Childcare
19-10-2011, 04:19 PM

Thanks
Mel

You mean he has gone to school at 3?

Mel_Johnson
19-10-2011, 04:53 PM
They go to full time school when they are 3 around here.

sarah707
19-10-2011, 05:02 PM
They go to full time school when they are 3 around here.

Mel are you in England or Wales?

This is a Welsh thread... the answer is different :D

manjay
19-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Yes she is.

The old standards used to say a child of any age who attends 10 early education sessions a week. I queried this with my Inspector and she would only allow me to count 4 year olds who had gone into Reception. However as it is not in the new standards who knows what it will end up being. I seriously doubt it will include children who have not yet reached Reception.

tulip0803
20-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Mel you will need to check with your own inspector - all offices seem to be doing different things with under 5s in full-time school under the new regs. Mine was ok under the old regs with 3 year olds in full-time school. Think you will have to ring them.