PDA

View Full Version : sun cream

haribo
13-05-2008, 07:19 PM
hi everyone just a quick question, do any of you ask, in hot weather,that a child comes with sun cream already applied. i dont mind putting it on and have permission etc, but one child comes between 930-10am. bythis time we are often waiting to go out. last week wehad a quick walk to local shops nearby. back for lunch etc and the little one was already slightly pink! i was mortified. i slathered it on for the afternoon, but was wondering if i could say they come with some on . ive already had to buy the lo a sunhat so i said i could only apply stuff they brought from home!! what do you think? sometimes they dont even dress them lol, but this lo comes all dressed up and its a pain to make my other mindee wait longer to sort her out. or am i just being lazy haha xx

avril
13-05-2008, 07:24 PM
One of my mindees is contracted from 8am but never arrives before 8.30am so I requested she comes already with sun cream as we leave at 8.30 for school run. Mum didn't mind this request at all

sarah707
13-05-2008, 07:27 PM
If it's causing you a problem then ask for it to be done... that way if the child does go pink it's not your responsibility...

Schools ask for it so why shouldn't we? :D

disney
13-05-2008, 09:53 PM
mine dont come with it on they have it in their bags & i do it every time they need it . i dont mind putting it on . just dont like putting mine on them as it costs :D

crazybones
13-05-2008, 09:56 PM
One of mine comes with this Factor 50 stuff. I apply it for him in the day but its like applying porridge it is so thick. It is from Avon and when I put it on his face he must rub it into his eyes and he ends up with puffy white eyes. Have mentioned this to mum but :rolleyes:

son77
13-05-2008, 10:07 PM
I have just asked my parent to apply in morning as we leave for school run just after mindee arrives, so far so good & she didnt mind a bit.

miffy
14-05-2008, 06:02 AM
I ask that parents put sun cream on the children before they come and then send the sun cream with them so I can reapply

It doesn't always work but I keep trying!

miffy xx

angeldelight
14-05-2008, 06:37 AM
I think some parents are hopless when it comes to the suncream

I have a parent that reminds me every day to put it on her children - but then she " forgets " to put it in the bag

I know what hints I will be making in my next news letter

I agree with everyone though if its easier for the child to come with it on then tell the parent

Good luck

Angel xx

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
14-05-2008, 09:29 AM
Hi

Mind tend to come with it in there bag but they never come with it already applied, so I have to do it which I don't mind then at least I know they have it on.

Lorraine xx

haribo
14-05-2008, 11:19 AM
thanks for your replies. i dont mind putting it on its just cos she comes mid morning and we are usually ready to go out , so its just easier if that one in particular already has some on, so the others dont start getting twitchy whist waiting for me iyswim lol xx

katickles
14-05-2008, 12:21 PM
My mindee has turned up today - dad says suncream is in his bag & i asked if had anyone already to be told no - thought you'd do it!!:mad:

Then i asked about sunhat - they can't find it so my mindee doesn't have one AGAIN today!!!!:angry:

ma7ie
14-05-2008, 12:27 PM
My mindee comes early so he doesn't have suncream on but if he came later I would ask that he came with it already on. Mum wouldn't mind either.

Tesco do a really good factor 50 suncream that isn't sticky at all and dd hasn't caught the sun at all. Very reasonable price too.

deeb66
14-05-2008, 12:33 PM
I too would ask the parents - if the child is arriving just before you leave you are not being unreasonable in asking for it to be done so that you can leave on time.

I currently look after a LO that usually arrives 5-10 mins before I have to take her to nursery.

I have asked mum to put suncream on her before she comes on Nursery mornings as i don't have time to do it otherwise we would be late.

Mum was happy to do it.

Banana
14-05-2008, 04:06 PM
i dont mind applying it, im not ever on a school run etc so if we go out I can wait for 15 minutes after I apply it. If I was going somewhere I would ask for them to arrrve with it on but it isnt neccessary just now. I guess it depends if you have a strict daily routine to do

x

Alibali
14-05-2008, 08:02 PM
My consent for sun-cream form states on it that the children should arrive with sun cream applied, I don't have time in the mornings to start applying cream to 5 kids before we leave for school, plus it's supposed to be applied 20 mins before exposure to sun and I leave the house sooner than 20 mins after they arrive. I still always check and most of the time parents haven't done it! But at least if they do get pink in the morning they can't blame me.

Ali x

louise
14-05-2008, 08:02 PM
My mindee comes at 8 so i do it then at least i know it hasn't been forgotten. Mind you she did give me last years suncream which has gone off and made him have a rash. He came up with it on Mon but only on the face so we didn't think it was that untill he got it again yesturday. I used my sons in the morning as i had put to much on my hands, The second time he really flared up and i told his aunt who collected him to pop to the pharmacy. They only gave nurofen!! I told his mum to try some piriton which has worked and she also tested the suncream and came out with a rash. Make you wonder what they put in it.