PDA

View Full Version : is my house tidy enough

midgetjen
11-10-2011, 09:17 AM
hi i am currently doing my childminding course ,my house is clean and tidy but i do have a few bits of wallpaper off where my own child has done damage ,will ofsted make me re decorate .i would love to do it now but my financial situation is really bad at the minute

candlequeen
11-10-2011, 09:22 AM
It does not matter at all about cosmetic appearance (to Ofsted anyhow) as long as you can show it is safe.
I felt the same but my local development officer said it didn't matter about appearance at all. I was also embarrassed when potential parents came round, but to be honest, that's not what people care about. In fact, my friend said people like to see your house a bit scruffy, otherwise they'd be terrified their kid might be the one to draw on your wall/rip the wallpaper etc!

rosebud
11-10-2011, 09:23 AM
No you don't need to redecorate! They will only be looking to make sure it is safe and hygienic. I doubt that there are many childminders with pristine houses, mine certainly isn't and the lovely wallpaper I put up 6 months ago is already covered in paint splatters - I should have known better really!

flora
11-10-2011, 09:27 AM
We live on a farm, our house is scruffy at the best of times,it has not been decorated in years. I can clean it when I have time but it still looks rough round the edges :blush:

My parents don't give ahoot and neither did ofsted.

As long as the state of the place does not endanger the childin anyway, then I am sure you will be fine.

Good luck x

caz3007
11-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Mine is in dire need of decoration. We have done our back lounge, but thats our haven and only used for sleeping. This weekend we are doing DS's bedroom, cos we have been promising for a long time, but its going to be a bit of an epic I think, the amount of stuff he has in there.

My hall and stairs desperately needs doing and hopefully will be soon, but its clean and tidyish. Just grubby handprints everywhere :laughing:

Dont worry about decorating, as long as its fairly clean and very safe, thats all that matters

Velleity
11-10-2011, 11:09 AM
My daughter has drawn all over the walls in the Living Room. Badly needs repainting but from prior experience know that it will take about six coats of white paint to cover her 'artwork', so haven't yet found the energy to start it.

midgetjen
11-10-2011, 12:15 PM
thanks everyone ,when i had read some peoples views i thought i had to have my whole house decorated you lot have put my mind at rest now ,thats great thanks x

miffy
11-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Don't worry - one of our bedrooms was stripped of paper and looking scruffy when the inspector came - she commented "Are you decorating?" but that was all.

It was still in that state three years later when the next inspector came! :laughing:

Miffy xx

watgem
15-10-2011, 05:05 PM
hehe so glad I'm not the only one lol! I always warn people our house is a fixer -upper before they come:)