PDA

View Full Version : Question about medication forms

snufflepuff
11-10-2011, 07:52 AM
I have short term and long term medication forms.
I have a mindee today who has a prescribed nappy rash cream. She only needs it until the rash has cleared up, so maybe only for this week (she attends 2 days a week.) BUT I change her nappy about 5-6 times a day, and there's only six spaces on the short term medication form.
So, should I use a long term medication form? Or just use a new short term medication form each day? Mum says it flares up now and then so she might have to use the cream again in the future.

rickysmiths
11-10-2011, 08:16 AM
I think I would use a long term form.

The point of the short term ones is to document when and wht dose has been given so there is no danger of an over dose.

In this case you can't overdose and when it is used it is used regularly.

I would note down for mum and in my own diary how many times I had needed to apply the cream though the day.

rosebud
11-10-2011, 08:16 AM
I would use short term forms for this.

AliceK
11-10-2011, 08:42 AM
I would use a long term form for this. That way mum can sign it and whenever LO needs the cream you know you can apply it. I have a LO who periodically has to take Lactulose for a couple of days. Mum has signed a long term form and I have the lactulose at my house so if I think she needs it I can give it to her. Obviously I write in her diary if I do give it and document the time etc on the form which mum signs upon pick-up.

xxxx