PDA

View Full Version : Covering radiator knobs

PerkyEars
11-10-2011, 06:42 AM
Yesterday the week started well when I had a cruiser tumble onto the knobs on the end of one of my radiators and cut her head. Not fun. :( :panic: It seems to be the radiator of bad luck, as it's not the first time someone has bumped themselves on the hard plastic/mental knob.

Does anyone know of any product that will cover them with a bit of foam or padding. Or maybe I should just fix something up myself.

miffy
11-10-2011, 06:52 AM
I've never seen anything that would cover them but you could always try B&Q or somewhere.

I'd try a bit of pipe-lagging if it will fit over the valve and secure in place with tape if needed.

Miffy xx

PixiePetal
11-10-2011, 07:03 AM
I would get some pipe lagging/foam and cover it if you are worried it may happen again.

My nephew, when he was 1, got a cut down his nose from one and still bears the scar 25 years later :rolleyes: bit of a freak accident really, that 2 things so small should make contact

moogster1a
11-10-2011, 08:13 AM
I've got a sticky out bit of pipe on a radiator . I cut a hole in a tennis ball and put that over. Secured it with a bit of tape. Works brilliantly, and much softer than a bit of lagging or just tape.

Jules12Wed
11-10-2011, 08:33 AM
A bit extreme I know but what about a radiator cover also saves the fear of when the radiator is on of hands getting burnt

PerkyEars
11-10-2011, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. :)

Tennis ball idea is brill, will try that.

Ripeberry
11-10-2011, 12:05 PM
Our hallway radiator tap at the bottom has the plastic cover on it, but the 1yr old loves pulling it off..every single time he is here.
So I end up storing it away out of his reach and replacing it when he's not here.
Suppose I could duck tape it on ;)