PDA

View Full Version : hand, foot and mouth?

crazyhazy
10-10-2011, 08:31 PM
It would seem both my daughters have hand foot and mouth disease! They're 3y and 4.5y, luckily school is off this week but do I have to close or just notify parents and let them choose whether to send their kids or not?

Thanks x

muffins
10-10-2011, 08:38 PM
No you don't have to close, but I would inform parents! If they choose to keep mindees off then its there choice so should pay you as normal!

Some info here-

http://www.hpa.org.uk/web/HPAweb&HPAwebStandard/HPAweb_C/1203496946639

nic t
10-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Hand foot and mouth disease can be nasty and very painful for little ones especially if they are suffering from blisters in the mouth. It may cause high temperatures and sore throats so your children may well need you and may not want to share you!

Personally as they can still infect others I would not charge if parents chose not to send their kids.

crazyhazy
10-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Thanks, have just texted both parents to let them know and one replied straight away saying that's ok, J had it last week, erm why didn;t she think to tell me! :mad:

miffy
10-10-2011, 09:17 PM
Thanks, have just texted both parents to let them know and one replied straight away saying that's ok, J had it last week, erm why didn;t she think to tell me! :mad:

She didn't tell you in case you refused care! At least you probably know where your dd's got it from!

Miffy xx

crazyhazy
10-10-2011, 09:45 PM
She didn't tell you in case you refused care! At least you probably know where your dd's got it from!

Miffy xx

I have replied asking when she had it and if that's what her bad nappy rash was last tue (pretty sure as my youngests looks the same now). The thing is my dad has MS and a weakened immune system, had I know there was a risk of my girls getting it they wouldn't have spent all weekend with him. Plus it's my nephews 1st birthday party on saturday, a big joint party with his grandad has been planned and again we'd have avoided him and his sister this weekend. But cos we didn;t know they all spent the weekend together, were at soft play on sat and swimming together yesterday so likely they'll all end up with it:mad: