PDA

View Full Version : Advice for children at pre school please?

Amyathome
10-10-2011, 07:24 PM
Hello,
I just wanted some advice please. I have a LO on my books who I have had since the summer. She used to do from 7 am till 3.30 and did 9am till 12.00 at pre school and I charged her the full time as I couldn't fill the space. Since September she has done just 7 am till 9am as at pre school full days so just charged for the mornings but now mum has changed the hours so some days I pick her up from preschool as well. Should I charge her for the full day - seems hard on the mum but I only have one under 5 place and stops me taking other children for the day and recently I've been getting lots of enquiries.
Any help would be most appreciated

Amy

Penny1959
10-10-2011, 07:33 PM
Oh a hard one - normally I would say yes charge if taking and collecting from preschool - as you are unable to fill the space between pre school hours - and it is your only under five place.

I can see it might be hard for the mum to understand - but unless she is able to rearrange pre school hours so child does some longer days there and some more hours with you on the other days - I can't see a way round it.

Is mum paying for hours at pre school?

I must admit I would suggest to mum that if getting funding she uses hours on as few a days as possible and sends child to you for other days without going to pre school on those days.

If the preschool is not flexible and / or mum is not flexible - I don't see why you should be the one to lose out financially.

Penny :)

uf353432
10-10-2011, 07:34 PM
yes if you are looking after before school and collecting from preschool at midday then you are in your rights to charge as before - and you set a precedent as thats the terms you already charged at signing up. So on the days you collect midday then do your orginal terms and on the other days before and after school.

Amyathome
10-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the advice but LO is at preschool till 3.30 every day so mum gets some funded and has to pay the afternoons. I pick her up 2 days a week but don't have other mindees during the day on those days but have had to turn some away. Really not sure what to do nice child but financially I'm losing out.

Thanks
Amy

uf353432
10-10-2011, 07:47 PM
These things have a habit of working out - I have quite a few contracts that fit nicely in between the 9am - 3.30pm slot - you could always say to mum that you are happy to do the after preschool but that if someone comes along needing a full time slot you may have to knock it on the head for a few weeks - then apply for a variation after the new child starts to return this little one back into the after preschool slot. Does that make sense?

Penny1959
10-10-2011, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the advice but LO is at preschool till 3.30 every day so mum gets some funded and has to pay the afternoons. I pick her up 2 days a week but don't have other mindees during the day on those days but have had to turn some away. Really not sure what to do nice child but financially I'm losing out.

Thanks
Amy

If mum is choosing to send in afternoons and pay - then it is up to her if she wants to continue sending LO and pay you - or go back to LO just attending mornings for funded sessions.

If mum not happy then seems would be best to give notice - you need to earn money - not be there just to pick up odd hours here and there.

Penny :)