PDA

View Full Version : Daily Safety Checklists

webbthomas
10-10-2011, 04:33 PM
I am doing Daily Safety Checklists which contains the routine RAs and any hygiene / cleaning routines, etc. Is it acceptable to just show the CSSIW inspector the blank list/template at inspection or do we need to retain a daily record of each checklist? Thanks.

sarah707
10-10-2011, 05:16 PM
How would you prove you have done it without showing previous completed copies? :D

manjay
10-10-2011, 05:27 PM
I no longer complete a new one everyday. (Way too much paper)

What I do however is do the RA and sign in my daily diary to say I have done it and any action that I needed to take. My CSSIW inspector was very happy with that.

xx

miffy
10-10-2011, 05:31 PM
I don't know if it's different in Wales but I only have a checklist - I don't sign and date it daily so I don't have copies of anything.

What I do do is make a note of any hazards I found and what I did about it so that shows that I am making the checks.

I can see the point in keeping a daily record in a nursery or pre-school where different people might do the checks but for a childminder, I think it's a waste of paper.

Miffy xx

tulip0803
11-10-2011, 06:57 PM
I no longer complete a new one everyday. (Way too much paper)

What I do however is do the RA and sign in my daily diary to say I have done it and any action that I needed to take. My CSSIW inspector was very happy with that.

xx

I was doing this too and filling folders of paper despite have a week to a page. No problems on inspection. Inspector was happy with my procedure, risk Assessments and my verbal description of my routines for daily checks, cleaning etc and that I note any problems in my diary.

My report was fine no thingumyjiggies! - Have had to get report to see that the word that has run off is actions!:blush: