PDA

View Full Version : numbers and ratios

nipper
10-10-2011, 04:18 PM
Is the number of children you are allowed to look after i.e. six under 8 years of age, with three of those under 5 and one under one year of age the amount you are allowed to look after on any one occasion? I'm having a moment of panic, reading about people having 'spot checks' by Ofsted. This ratio does not take into account the number of children you might have on your books in total...am I right?

tulip0803
10-10-2011, 04:20 PM
Yes they are the amount you can have at any moment on a particular day. The numbers can be made up from any combination of total children on your books providing you never exceed the registration amount at a particular time. I have 14 children on my books but I would hate to have them all here at once!:eek: I would be hiding in the cupboard!

selena 31
10-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Hi there dont panic it is the number at any one time! I have 18 children on my books and they all do various hours through out the week but no more than 6 in total under 8 yrs age group at any one time including my own children in this number :)

nipper
10-10-2011, 05:37 PM
Think I might be needing some more ncma contracts then!

Bitsy Beans
10-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Can you believe I only just discovered that where it says I am registered for 4 under the age of 8 that this figure doesn't include my own two :o
When I had my initial registration it wasn't made clear that this number didn't include my children, I was just told they counted as part of my ratios.
How stupid did I sound on the phone to Ofsted today asking when my conservatory was built could I up my numbers due to the increased floor space :o :o :o :o

shelmids
22-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Hi, can anyone help?

I am a new childminder have filled my 6 under 8 vacancies, but a parent has asked me to look after her 9 year old so is this allowed. will mean i have 7 in total on some mornings? ofsted closed so couldnt ask them as its a wkend?
thanks x

ruby
22-10-2011, 05:34 PM
yes that's fine as he/she is over 8

cathy

aly
22-10-2011, 05:35 PM
over 8's dont count in your numbers {unless you are in scotland?}...you can have as many as your insurance allows so if it is 12 overall you need to take that into account, also the care of the younger ones {under 8} must not be impacted.

x

shelmids
25-10-2011, 07:41 AM
thanks fellow childminders, your help much appreciated :clapping: