PDA

View Full Version : Development officer visit

snufflepuff
10-10-2011, 01:17 PM
My CMDO has been in touch to arrange a visit. She seems like a really lovely lady (recently taken over my area, the last CMDO never even got in touch with me) but i'm so nervous! What will she be looking at? Will she want to look around the house like ofsted inspectors do? I haven't used upstairs for minding in ages even though it's registered, and it's a right mess- lots of stuff in piles ready to be advertised and sold including a huge treadmill taking up half our bedroom, plus bags of Christmas presents- it's an embarrassment.

I think my paperwork is okay though- risk assessments done, policies and procedures in place, learning journals up to date, individual planning- is there anything else she might want to see? I've got my certificate and parents poster up, and all my other certificates in a folder.

:panic:

Velleity
10-10-2011, 01:27 PM
I think it's great. Just leave everything as it is and don't worry. I'm sure she'll let you know if you need to change anything or do anything differently. Wish someone would come round to my house and advise me before Ofsted come!

julie w
10-10-2011, 01:31 PM
My DO has been an absolute godsend to me. I dont think I would have got thru my ofsted inspection last fri without her help. She has only ever helped me and showed me how to do things the best way. She has gone through everything with me eg policies, paperwork, planning and obs. Thats what they are there for, to help you and support you to be the best you can. Please dont worry, and tell her you're not using the upstairs at present. xx

snufflepuff
10-10-2011, 02:07 PM
Julie has your DO ever looked around you house?

I think in this area they are meant to come and visit you before your pre-reg visit and before each inspection as a minimum, but this will be the first proper contact I've had. I'm glad really, because I really need to know whether i'm doing everything okay!

uf353432
10-10-2011, 02:10 PM
they are like the perfect person for you - they offer critical eye but deliver the message in a supportive manner. They are great and use her for as much as you can to do a thorough spot check of your setting - you'll likely have a list of recommendations but thats all positive and you can add it to your sef to show improvment. Don't change a thing - let her support you and show you any changes she thinks you should make - but do get her to explain her reasons - after all its your bunsiness and any change unless they are statutory should be based on if you are happy and can work with the changes.

uf353432
10-10-2011, 02:12 PM
I'm sure you are doing really well as you acheived a good with out DO support previously - so maybe she can help you acheive the same if not better outcome in time for your next inspection.

jayjay1963
10-10-2011, 02:42 PM
Snufflepuff, I see from your posts that you are in Wiltshire. Do you mind me asking which part?

blue bear
10-10-2011, 03:06 PM
Our d/o is brilliant, full of good ideas and goes at your pace, so if you ask her to assess your upstairs she will but if you need help with risk assessments and lj's then that will be her focus. She is there to advise and if something doesn't suit you then you don't take that bit of advice.

snufflepuff
10-10-2011, 03:16 PM
I've sent you a PM jayjay x