PDA

View Full Version : parent coming in half an hr!

nikkiross1
10-10-2011, 01:07 PM
iv had my first phonecall!! woo hooo!!

a parent rang me 2 hrs ago, lives on my street and has two children she wants afterschool care for so is coming round in half an hr! i have been rushing round the house like mad cleaning it (was not prepared haha!)

just really hope my 17month old behaves! she is OBSESSED with in the night garden and is constantly asking for "garden, garden garden"!!!

should i put it on for her whilst the mother is here or will that look bad? im getting crayons ready to try and occupy her!

im soooo nervous! i think her children are 4 and 6, so i hope she doesnt find my house toddler orientated!!

x

nikkiross1
10-10-2011, 01:09 PM
p.s i'll have to follow the EYFS for the 4 yr old wont i????

Twinkles
10-10-2011, 01:12 PM
You won't have to do very much EYFS for the 4 year old as their main provider will be school. Maybe a scrapbook or something like that.

Velleity
10-10-2011, 01:25 PM
The boy I look after, after school, and my own son always watch some TV when they get in. They just like to relax a while and then will usually end up in the garden at some point. Don't worry at all about having the TV on, IMO I don't think it makes a bad impression at all.

Demonjill
10-10-2011, 04:39 PM
Tv is okay although you always feel like explaining thats its not on ALL day lol:rolleyes:

Maybe for future visits if you were worried about tv you could have something new stashed away for your dd and bring it out just as the door bell goes :laughing: she might be engrossed?? enough to get the intros and nerves out the way at least then pop the tv on for the paperwork bit lol

How did it go anyway??

rosebud
10-10-2011, 04:48 PM
For children that are at school all day but still in the EYFS I just follow up on what they are learning at school. So if they are learning about mini beasts for example I will do some related activities at my house. I don't keep a learning journey but I do take photos which I display and if the child wants to take photos to school or anything they have done here then they can. This is my interpretation of implementing the EYFS and sharing information for full time school children.

nikkiross1
10-10-2011, 06:04 PM
thanks for all your responses, i decided to get the colouring crayons out and brought her table and chair into the lounge which it never is, so she was all excited about that and that kept her entertained and looked really good so didnt need the TV on at all which is good!! waiting to hear back off her but she seemed really nice so fingers crossed!!!

x

Demonjill
12-10-2011, 12:54 PM
Have you heard anything yet?:thumbsup:

nikkiross1
14-10-2011, 09:42 AM
well, it went really well thanks , shes coming over after schol today with her two chlildren and i had another lady come over 2 days ago with her 9 yr old for afterschool care - and thats sounding positive but havnet heard for definate yet. so keeping my fingers crossed! :)

Demonjill
14-10-2011, 09:56 AM
That is brilliant :clapping: :clapping: well done

Fingers are x for you:thumbsup:

I have a parent coming in wee while its just for 1 day a week but its 4yo twins so need a bit of fingers x there too lol

Have had another enquiry as well so sent my information back but not heard anything yet. :(

I hate waiting .....:rolleyes:

sonyach
14-10-2011, 01:01 PM
:clapping: Well done! There like buses:laughing:
I had my first parent visit last night she was lovely very well organised (not like me:blush: . Anyway she's coming back tomorrow with her hubby and two lo, looking forward to meeting them, so fingers crossed:)

miffy
14-10-2011, 02:14 PM
Well done Nikkiross! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Fingers crossed for you too Demonjill and Sonyach :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

nikkiross1
14-10-2011, 03:20 PM
thankyou! and also good luck to everyone else!!

it is just a waiting game i guess!!!

xx