PDA

View Full Version : ARGH!!!!

mumto2
10-10-2011, 12:37 PM
Have got myself in a bit of a pickle with holidays!!! Can someone put my mind at ease please?!! I have stated in my paperwork that I will take 4 weeks holiday per year (with at least 2 weeks notice), my (new and only) mindee will be away half term week (so 2 days in total as I only have her for 2 days a week!) what I am (stupidly) confused about is, does that then deduct 2 days off my 4 weeks holiday or can mindee and family have time off which isn't in my set 4 weeks? Does that make sense? I have probably been thinking about it too much and got worked up over nothing, but it is bugging me now!! Sorry for waffling on :o
Thanks xxx

samb
10-10-2011, 12:44 PM
It depends what you have specified in your contract/policy/agreed with Mum?

I take 4 weeks off unpaid if they choose to take other time off they pay as usual. Hope that helps?

Penny1959
10-10-2011, 12:52 PM
It is NOT your holiday unless you have given notice of those days as holiday.

If it is the parents saying they want it as holiday (which I think is what you are saying) It is their holiday

Penny :)

rachelle
10-10-2011, 12:52 PM
That's her holiday.

Think of it not as holiday but when you are closed. So for 4 weeks of the year you are closed. You are open when she is on holiday so it comes off her holiday time and not yours.

rickysmiths
10-10-2011, 02:28 PM
As others have said it is her holiday.

However in answwer to your question.

If you have a mindee 2 days a week then that would count as 1 week of your hoilday when you take it because holiday is usually done pro rata. So no you would use 2 and a half weeks of the los tome for w week of holiday for you.

Does that make sense?

mumto2
10-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Thanks all for replies, I think I am feeling better about it now, and thats what i thought, it doesn't come off my holiday, like someone said earlier, it is their holiday, not mine!! Cant even call it a week off, as will have my own 2 at home being half term!! lol Thanks again, am feeling better about it now :clapping:

mumto2
10-10-2011, 03:02 PM
It is NOT your holiday unless you have given notice of those days as holiday.

If it is the parents saying they want it as holiday (which I think is what you are saying) It is their holiday

Penny :)

Thanks Penny1959, That is what i thought, it is the parent saying that little one wont be with me that week!! It was their choice to not bring her to me that week!!