PDA

View Full Version : Urgent help re vomiting bug please!!

smurfette
09-10-2011, 09:58 PM
Hia

Bit of help here don't know what rules are in ireland but what to do? Dd1 was sick on friday night (after my lovely sister arrived at house on thurs And announced they were getting over vomiting and diarrhoea bug) sick about four times one bout of diarrhoea better since lunchtime sat

Other two dds and me complaining of sore tummies all weekend so we holed ourselves up in case we were contagious.. Dd2 has just vomited now

It's not the winter vomiting bug as not severe enough but a bug nonetheless .. Due to have two mindees tomorrow both of whom were here on Friday when we were presumably contagious

Parent of mindee 1 might be able to get little one looked after by granny but Parent of mindee 2 taking extra work tomorrow so won't be able to get out of it only text me this afternoon to ask me and I thought we were all
Clear!

Should I text them now (11pm) or see how things go overnight.. Dh will take tomorrow off and will keep ours away from them

If it spreads through our house one person every 36 hours would be off all week if I shut

mushpea
10-10-2011, 06:01 AM
I would txt them, inform them of the situation then leave then decison up to them if they send their child or not but remind them that if their child gets it then they would need to be 48hrs clear befor they came back, this is what I do when my children are sick but then my children are older and dont need so much 'mothering' when they are ill.

Dragonfly
10-10-2011, 06:15 AM
sorry you are all getting ill, but you cant have one rule for one and not the other.You can give mum the option of sending the child but, if they get sick you cant say keep away for 48hours if you havent kept them away while your family are ill can you? sorry :blush:

tashaleee
10-10-2011, 06:30 AM
sorry you are all getting ill, but you cant have one rule for one and not the other.You can give mum the option of sending the child but, if they get sick you cant say keep away for 48hours if you havent kept them away while your family are ill can you? sorry :blush:

I disagree - I would give the option if they were desparate and you thought you could cope (and you were not sick yourself) BUT I would make it clear that the 48 hour rule would apply to them if they caught it and give them that option :thumbsup:

miffy
10-10-2011, 06:50 AM
I would apply the 48 hour rule to myself but not to my family so, unless I was ill, I would give parents the option to send their child but would make it clear that if their child became ill the 48 hour rule would apply.

Hope you're all feeling better soon

Miffy xx

FussyElmo
10-10-2011, 06:50 AM
I would be closing you have said your dd has been sick so really you should close to stop the threat of infection passing. Yes it may mean you being shut for the week if it passes through the family but its the only way to stop the infection keep passing from person to person.

I also dont think you can have double standards if you or your children have it close and then if the mindees get it they must stay away for 48 hours.

smurfette
10-10-2011, 08:41 AM
Hi all

Thanks for the replies .... I text them this am as my dd was sick again at 7am .. Parent of mindee 2 has made other arrangements for today and tomorrow but parent of mindee 1 begged me to have her as I wasn't sick and she had no other option (this the parent who said at first meeting her mum was available to cover if I was sick or away but makes a pallaver every time I want a half day now!) she will get her mum to collect at 2 and was apologetic ... I made it clear I would be expecting her to pick up if I got sick .. Feel lousy this am but not sick yet. Little one should sleep much of the morning so should manage

I believe alright with these bugs you can get re infected so will clarify that she will have to keep her off If she gets sick Thanks all for the different viewpoints!