PDA

View Full Version : The All about me sheets on cd rom...?

vix84
13-05-2008, 04:29 PM
For my observations so far, I have just been using notebooks, the lo's I mind for are leaving so I am going to transfer them all over to proper observation sheets to go in there books.

The All about me sheets, look like they are supposed to be all filled in on one date, but I am using them to write up obs. over the time of about a month, and just writing the dates in the box's and their age at the time below the observation.
What do you all use the sheets for?

I was then going to do a detailed observation about once a week, but dont know wether to use the Professional Notes, or the Learning Journey, all from the EYFS CD rom.

I just wondered if you all use the All about me sheets, Professional Notes, and Learning Journey sheets?

sarah707
13-05-2008, 05:06 PM
I use a version of 'all about me' sheets to take initial information about a child then I do a new one for each child every 3 months or so, also updating things as I go. I find this is a good way to keep an eye on things like allergies, when things change, sleep patterns etc.

Then I do obs on each child and put them in the child's record books along with photos and copies of their work.

There are some useful free downloads on www.bromleycma.org.uk in the EYFS section which might explain it a bit better than the CD :D

vix84
13-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Thanks Sarah, have missused them, I will use them as observation sheets for these mindees untill they leave, and then use the other observation sheets for new mindees and the All about me sheets for information about the mindees to put in their All about Me books.

sarah707
13-05-2008, 06:58 PM
Don't forget! We do not have to implement EYFS until September 2008 - that's when it becomes a legal document...

Everything we are doing up until then is practice.

So you haven't missused them, you've just been thinking ahead and practicing with them to see how they work best for you! :D

susi513
15-05-2008, 07:00 AM
Good point Sarah, we're on our own Learning Journey!