PDA

View Full Version : too much craft stuff!

mushpea
09-10-2011, 06:23 PM
I have just been to my craft cupboard come shoe cupboard and I now have more craft stuff than will fit and my shoes are being evicted !! I am going to have a craft clear out of all the stuff we dont use and of all the stuff I hold on to 'just in case' but how much should i keep
do you all keep craft items for months or even years or do you just buy them to suit your theme etc.

loocyloo
09-10-2011, 06:36 PM
i was horrified at how much stuff i had accumalated over 8+ years of childminding when i was packing up to move! even worse ... most of it came with me ;) :blush:

i have folders full of photocopyable resources ( before i got 'into' the internet !!! LOL !!! ) and stuff for everything theme/festival going! plus the one or two 'kits' left over from making windmills, or stained glass lanterns etc! my aim is that when i sort out my toy storage ( at the moment its all piled in a little box room ) i am going to make a pile of all these bits and either just let the children loose with them, or give them to school! at the moment all my LO are just 3 or under so not really into all the craft kits, ( and yes :blush: i've just bought more for this year! )

however, on the plus side, i was thinking about doing some rangoli for diwali and i found a big bag with all the dyed rice in it that i know i made several years ago and still have left over!

singingcactus
09-10-2011, 06:56 PM
I keep plenty of art stuff, but I really don't like crafts for the very young kids so I only keep one or two craft things. I have a few masks, wooden spoon kits, and windmills in at the moment. My older kids don't really like craft much either, they love to paint, and junk model, and other free art, but crafting is not really for them.

sarah707
10-10-2011, 05:53 PM
I have quite a lot and my older children love having it all out and making wonderful creations with glue.

However... I probably have too much as well :blush: :D

PixiePetal
10-10-2011, 06:08 PM
I had way too much stuff - now I have it sorted into a 3 shelf toy cupboard in the dining room where we craft. Little bits all in takeaway boxes and a box of bits for free choice sticking and cutting.

My spare room doubles as MY craft room and that's another story :o :o

miffy
10-10-2011, 08:41 PM
I have far too much, I often forget I've got something and then buy more :rolleyes: :blush:

I keep threatening to have a clear out but if I did I'd probably want something I'd just thrown away!

Yep, I'm just a hopeless case :laughing:

Miffy xx

The Juggler
10-10-2011, 08:58 PM
way too much :laughing: :laughing: the only thing I replace on a regular basis is the glue and the cellotape - occasionally i discover some long lost craft resource and we have lods of fun with it.:clapping: