PDA

View Full Version : If Roles Were Reversed...

VINASOL
09-10-2011, 06:03 PM
...and you were a parent looking for a childminder, amongst many attributes that you would of course want, would you prefer:

a really loud, fun, vivavious character who has arms spread-eagled to welcome you each morning and does 'chat chat chat' andn is life and soul of the party...and makes sure that wherever you are, or whoever you are with you get that 'MASSIVE WELCOME'....iykwim

a slightly more reserved character who is not 'all guns blazing' on the oustide but seems to really gel with your kids and has a great relationship with and knows you are their 'second mum'....and has great fun and laughter without obviously making sure you're the centre of attention? Laid back and relaxed I'm thinking really...

(not saying that either way is right or wrong or good or bad, but as parents we know what sort of character we ourselves our..and I wonder if we want the same as ourselves or different.thus the reason for the question)

Just curious...:blush:

singingcactus
09-10-2011, 06:11 PM
My sons would not have gone to minder A, they would only have gone to B. None of us can cope with full on intense people. They can be too scary lol. We need quiet, and calm grown ups, so the kids can be the loud and intense people. I need for the adult to be able to be quiet and know that she/he is listening to my children and hearing their voices, and not be concentrating on being jolly and loud.

FussyElmo
09-10-2011, 06:12 PM
I agree with singingcatcus option 2 :thumbsup:

sarah707
09-10-2011, 07:06 PM
I would look for someone like me who is calm and chilled with the children but also knows how to be fun and dance around the living room when the occasion calls for a bit of daft behaviour :D

uf353432
09-10-2011, 09:30 PM
number 2 with a bit of number 1 in moderation :)

Ripeberry
09-10-2011, 09:48 PM
I'm number 2. I get to know the kids really well and can make them laugh with some 'mad' antics. They do love the 'parrot' game with the hand puppet and the 'sneezing your eyes out' games.
I won't go into it though :D ;)

Velleity
10-10-2011, 05:28 AM
I'm a number 2 and would prefer a number 2 for my own children :D

JCrakers
10-10-2011, 09:02 AM
Number 2 :D

Im not too keen on people who are too loud. Im quieter myself and do tend to get on better with people who are not so 'in your face'

rosebud
10-10-2011, 09:09 AM
I would just want someone to be themselves. Either would be fine as long as thats who they genuinely were, I wouldn't want someone who pretends to be someone they're not.

mumto2
10-10-2011, 12:43 PM
I'm number 2. I get to know the kids really well and can make them laugh with some 'mad' antics. They do love the 'parrot' game with the hand puppet and the 'sneezing your eyes out' games.
I won't go into it though :D ;)

Ripeberry, what is the parrot game and the sneezing your eyes out? sounds intriguing!!!

Helen Dempster
10-10-2011, 12:47 PM
definitely number 2 for me - not sure I could cope with someone too full-on at 7 o'clock in the morning. Reminds me of a children's show character - she was a 'nanny' someone or other but I can't for the life of me remember the show - was it "Me Too" or something like that???? Anyone? Anyone...? lol

Anon8319
10-10-2011, 04:20 PM
Always the second person.

But then the second person sounds just like me lol.

Playmate
10-10-2011, 05:42 PM
I would look for someone like me who is calm and chilled with the children but also knows how to be fun and dance around the living room when the occasion calls for a bit of daft behaviour :D

Agree with Sarah totally :D

I don't cope with loud people very well, sorry loud people :blush:

maltesers
10-10-2011, 05:49 PM
I'm more like 2 and would therefore go with 2, but I think everyone is different and that's why it's so important that us childminders are all different - so that every parent/child can find the right childminder for them!