PDA

View Full Version : First day childminding

hbomb1
13-05-2008, 04:25 PM
Hi everyone,

This afternoon was my first proper childminding session. R arrived at 1.00pm and once mum left he cried for 35 minutes, screaming and difficult to calm down. Eventually, thanks to Cbeebies and a biscuit he settled and began playing.

My double buggy arrived at 2.00 - thank goodness. My DD woke at 2.00 and played with R and they were so cute together (there are only 10-days between them). Set off for school at 3.00pm and DD and R were really cute copying each other, etc. Then R starting pulling at DD's top so I told him not to do it. The next thing DD started screaming and crying, and all the parents were staring at us! R had bitten DD's finger really hard and drawn blood :eek: Then R's granddad arrived at school to take R from me and so I told him what he had just done and it went straight over his head. Just told R to give me a kiss and to wave :rolleyes:

Thankfully, another parent offered to watch my two DS whilst I took DD into school to run her hand under the tap. She was so upset that I could have cried for her.

So, my day was going pretty well until the last few minutes.

What should I tell the mum tomorrow when she drops R off? My DH is not happy about it all, but it's my first day and I want to remain positive and think of it as a one off. What if he does it again? :(

Hope everyone else has had a good day :)

Blaze
13-05-2008, 04:51 PM
Well your first day went better then mine did...I had to resusitate the mindee!:eek: ...so chin up...it could have been worse!

I would fill out an accident/incident form for Mum to sign in the morning & if you haven't already done so...give her a copy of your biting policy. I presume your in the trial period, so you always have the option of not continuing with this LO if it is turns out to be a real problem...but TBH they all tend to go through this...some I admit are much worse then others!:rolleyes:

sarah707
13-05-2008, 04:57 PM
Blaze has told you the same as I would, I just wanted to add a hug for your dd xx

hbomb1
13-05-2008, 05:07 PM
OMG Blaze, :eek: I am surprised you carried on as a CM after your first day.

I didn't realise I could complete an Accident/Incident form for my own child (using NCMA ones). I will complete one this evening and speak to the parent tomorrow. I will also print out a copy of my biting policy, though as it's my first day I feel a bit timid and don't want to upset parent :blush:

The first month is a trial period whereby either party is able to end the contract without giving the usual four weeks notice. I hope it is just one off as I really want to make a success of my new business.

Thank you :)

hbomb1
13-05-2008, 05:08 PM
Aw thank you Sarah. My poor princess... I am going to bathe her finger again later and put some magic cream (Savlon) on.

:)

mum22
13-05-2008, 05:38 PM
Just wanted to say hugs from me, my first mindee was a biter couldn;t leave her and my ds alone for a second.... i know how you feel - hope she is ok now.

x helen

hbomb1
13-05-2008, 05:46 PM
Thank you Helen.

I have just filled out the incident record... Does the Mindee's parent have to sign form and keep a copy even though the injury occurred to my DD? Not sure as not had to complete a form for my own children before.