View Full Version : Car insurance?

08-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Hi, I dont use a car for child minding, we walk or get the bus, my dad is a taxi driver and is thinking of sometomes joining us on our trips so he can see his grand children, he is crb checked due to his taxi driving but he wont be on his own with mindee anyway but I am wondering if I will need further insurance for mindees to travel in his taxi or if his own insurance is ok? Obviously he has insurance for when he is taxi driving but I didnt know if thats enough for when it is me and mindee in car? Thanks!

blue bear
08-10-2011, 01:33 PM
My understanding is you only need extra car insurance if you or your assistant is driving, I have had this quoted to me by several insurance companies when I have rang around for quotes.

08-10-2011, 08:09 PM
I would suggest he rings his insurance company to check.

Hth :D

10-10-2011, 08:20 AM
It depends on whether he has business insurance or not - if he has his own business insurance class on his policy documents he should be fine. I assume you mean he has a normal car used for private hire taxi-ing rather than a black cab?

I can't imagine he'd have one policy for when he was taxi-ing and one for when he was using the car for personal reasons. He just needs to look at his policy documents, if business class is listed then he should be covered whenever he drives.

Of course, you could just 'book' him as a taxi when he wants to go somewhere with you, and pay him at the other end.