PDA

View Full Version : have i done everything?1

nikkiross1
08-10-2011, 09:55 AM
hiya, i've been registered for about a month now (still no mindees) BUT i wanted to make sure that when i do get a mindee i dont go into a state of panic - i have my policies and risk assements done - iv purchased the toolkit from ncma so contracts are all ready to fill out etc - do i need anything else?? im aware iv got to go throuigh my policies as i wrote them a while ago but feel like when i have some spare time i shouldnt be sitting watchin tv i should be actively doing things for my childminding! x

sarah707
08-10-2011, 02:53 PM
There are lots and lots of bits and bobs such as ideas for planning / themes for the older ones etc but they tend to happen when you actually have children.

Until then it's just lots of marketing / advertising / getting out there and telling everyone that you are now a childminder etc.

Good luck! :D

SYabs
08-10-2011, 04:39 PM
hello :) Well done thats great you're all registered Im waiting for my visit. In the meantime i've been doing my Policies & Procedures,I've been thinking up my planning sheets and also been sorting out my dining room which is like my play room for my littles ones anyway but just making sure I have a range of toys for all ages & stages.

:)

Nature'sKids!
10-10-2011, 10:54 AM
I want to organise all my planning (for the entire year) into ring binders. One binder for each month or season.
That way ican have a quick reference for activities and crafts sorted by themes and seasons.
So my suggestion, if you want to be doing something is finding lots of different ideas for all your planned activities. Go to the library tofind books you might want to borrow for different seasons and note them down in the appropriate binders, the same goes for arts and crafts books or books for sufferer themes like multiculturalism or history etc.
You can collect craft materials and scour the net and print out ideas,
You could search charity shops for toys etc.
I'm startig to collect materials now and even if I don't use them straight away I put them away for reference and in a years time I will have tons of ready to use plans, ideas etc
Oh, I also always prepare a fully finishe art or craft project to show children what the finished product looks like. So you could get crafty to have them on hand (this is great if you need something quick, if things haven't planned out properly etc)

Hope this gives you some ideas