PDA

View Full Version : notice payment letter

BuggsieMoo
08-10-2011, 09:51 AM
Hi All
As you may be aware from my post about an untrue complaint a parent is refusing to pay me my 4 weeks notice money and indeed this week's earnings that I have worked - so in total 5 weeks money.

Please can someone help me address a letter to her that I will include the bills with and send signed for so that I can get this in the post asap.

Please can you advise on timescales for payment as I am not working the notice period (her choice - I offered to) and my terms are 7 days from date of invoice for payment.

I do want to say about legal advice and small claims court as she has already made it very clear she wont pay and I know legally I am right from the NCMA contract she signed and it clearly states at point 25 that if you chose to end contracts immediately, payment in lieu of notice must be made.

I want to end the letter on a positive even though she has been trying her hardest to bad mouth me - just to show I am the bigger person.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Lisa x

PS: It is true that whatever does not kill us makes us stronger! Think i've had my fair share this week LOL! x

Katiekoo
08-10-2011, 12:53 PM
This is my template with a bit added about non attendance during notice period, never had to use it yet! Not sure if it's what you had in mind! Not sure about timescales, sorry. Ncma should be able help with that.

**/**/2011,

Dear *****,
I understand from our recent coversations that you wish to end our childcare contract for ******.
In accordance with our contract I am available to offer childcare until **/**/11. Please understand that although you have chosen not to use my sevices during the notice period, payment in lieu of notice is required. You should also understand that discontent with the childcare service provided is not grounds for non payment and the 'non payment of fees' policy will be implemented if final fees are not paid according to our contract. Our contract states that legal advice may be sought if payment is not made, and cases may be taken to the small claims court if unresolved.

*The final payment of £**** will be due on the *******, please see the detailed invoices.

If you have been claiming Tax Credits or are a member of a voucher scheme please be sure to inform them (0844 496 6507) that your child is no longer in my care from the above date.

May I take this opportunity to say what a pleasure it has been to care for *****, s/he is a delightful child and we will miss him/her greatly. I wish you and your family all the very best for the future.

Kind regards,

The Juggler
08-10-2011, 01:48 PM
hon, I would def. take advice from NCMA or MM before taking any further action.

sorry to hear this has happened. let us know how you get on. :)

BuggsieMoo
11-10-2011, 01:46 PM
Thank you for the replies.

Well I have now had legal advice from NCMA and MM who both said she is legally meant to pay and therefore to write to her giving her 14 days to pay, if she does not pay a second letter giving her 7 days. If she still does not pay the they will instruct debt collectors giving her 7 days and if she still fails to pay due to fee involved they will start a small claims court proceeding on my behalf.

Therefore letter has now been sent.

The also said she broke confidentiality discussing this with the head of the school as it was nothing to do with her and that her claims are so slanderous I should consider a civil case against her also.

She has also sent me an abusive email today which I have printed off for when Ofsted visit (as apparently she has reported me to them and SS for totally different claims now).

Will keep you posted.

Lisa x

rosebud
11-10-2011, 01:55 PM
I just wanted to say a big WELL DONE for following this up. I think I would've backed down and just gone without the money and I really admire the fact that you haven't. We need people like you so that people take us seriously.

Carol M
11-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Sending you my support.
I've been there too so I understand how awfull it makes you feel.
Keep exactly to the advice of your insurers and she will regret it. I do hope you don't have to sue her for slander but it would definitely be worth just letting her know you would have no hesitation to do so if she continues her slanderous accusations.
Hold your head high, well done you.
Carol xx

ChocolateChip
11-10-2011, 07:21 PM
Sorry to hear she is doing this to you, but you ARE the bigger and better person hun, and are dealing with it brilliantly.
Well done you, hope you get your money, you deserve it!

BuggsieMoo
12-10-2011, 10:17 AM
Well Ive also spoken to Ofsted today. They cannot advise as to whether she has made her allegation to them yet but I advised what happened again to the person I spoke to and the 5 reference I have now received from my other childrens parents.

They said to keep it all in a folder and I may get a call from an inspector to arrange a visit to hear my side of things. They said though that as everyone else is so happy with my care it wont be too hard to work out what this is really over.

Could really do without this right now though what with hubby only being in Afgan for a week and still 16 to go!