PDA

View Full Version : Fingers crossed ...

time_4_change
07-10-2011, 09:24 PM
Hi

Had my first enquiry today, siblings, both full time!

Family seem pretty keen and want to know my fees.

What do you all do for sibling discounts?

They want me mon to thurs 7.30am until 5pm and fridays 7.30 until 2pm. They are ready when I have worked my redundancy notice at work too (im a bit giddy, seems too good to be true, but hoping being postive pays off )

They found my ad in the local pet shop too, i very nearly didn't bother advertising in the shop. :eek:

Leanne x

jayjay1963
08-10-2011, 01:39 PM
I have offered discounts in the past but am starting to phase them out as families move on. I had a discount of 50p per hour for the older child as they will go on to nursery or school first. Have the parents enquired about discounts, do other minders in your area offer them?

Jacqui

JCrakers
08-10-2011, 02:42 PM
I usually offer a discount if full time. I have a family of 3 who, if I charged £3.50 for each child it would be too much.

Maybe 50p less for sibling, may not sound much but is about £25 a week less

Velleity
08-10-2011, 03:14 PM
I have already decided not to offer sibling discounts.

time_4_change
08-10-2011, 04:51 PM
I have given them a price, I just added up how much it would cost using my normal hourly rate and extras, I then just discounted a % off, it has worked out at 25p per hour cheaper for the oldest child.

Haven't heard anything back yet. I supose it would seem 'too much' to them but its for 2 children. The oldest will be starting nursery early nxt yr so obv they will save even more money then x