PDA

View Full Version : AAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!

helendee
07-10-2011, 04:43 PM
Hubby and I have just said goodbye to a little boy we have been looking after since the beginning of this year, he has been incredibly difficult, crying and screaming most of the time and causing us to consider giving up on him many times but we persevered and gradually he began to relax. Now we have just waved him off for the last time and did we even get a thank you card? Nope, nada, not even a thank you!!!!!!!! :(

Pipsqueak
07-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Damn you for being so ungrateful - you have had the pleasure of caring for their child AND being paid for it... AND you want thanks... tsk tsk:panic: ;)

Its indicative of society isn't it.... no manners....

Bananabrain
07-10-2011, 04:53 PM
Oh boy, do I know that feeling! I feel for you, I really do.
It's not a reflection on us childminders, most of us put our heart and souls into our work.
It's a reflection on our sad society and makes me feel very sad indeed.

Roseolivia
07-10-2011, 06:29 PM
Some people are very rude. At least you know you did a good job if he was starting to settle. I've been pretty lucky in that all my parents have gave thanks when they've left even when i went on maternity.

funemnx
07-10-2011, 06:42 PM
I think there is some kind of childminder law whereby we get all the thanks and gifts and hugs from the 'easy' lovely children and parents - the ones we really work for disappear with a word..... sigh!

buzzy bee
07-10-2011, 06:58 PM
I know exactly how you feel as this happened to me recently! I feel your pain. I can't believe people behave that way... I wouldn't get off a bus without saying thank you to the driver... I wouldn't buy something in a shop without saying thank you to the shop assistant... so I wouldn't dream of not saying thank you to the lovely person who has looked after my child!!

As others have said, it's not a reflection of you, just some horrid people in this world.

Big hugs.