PDA

View Full Version : Poor mindee had no comforter

Jinx
13-05-2008, 01:32 PM
One of my mindees only comes 1 day a week. He always brings Spongebob with him. He asks for it alot during the day, but I try to only let him have it when we are home!!!(don't want to loose it, done that before!)

Today, mum arrived with him and anounced that he didn't want to bring Spongebob today! She said that it was his decision and that if he's miserable without it it'll be his own fault!!!!!!!

He's 23mths old for christ sake!!!

Yes he has been :censored: miserable. It's taken me over an hour to get him to have a nap. I went through all my daughters toys to try to find something yellow for him to hug. 1 care bear and a yellow rabbit later and he finally gave in and is asleep on my sofa next to me.

I'm going to have to have a 'word' with mum later.

Jinx x

flora
13-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Poor little chap!

Any mum with a bit of common sense would have packed spongebob any way. Then when he was wanted he was there for him.

Silly woman!!!!

Hope your "word" is heard :D

Spangles
13-05-2008, 01:55 PM
What a stupid mum!

My son sometimes says that with his cuddly lion, Lenny, but you can guarantee that 5 minutes down the road he's asking where he is! I always secretly pack him because I know he can't do without him!

What a twit!

Poor little man - and poor you too!

NikNak
13-05-2008, 02:00 PM
how riddicoulous (not sure how to spell!). We never go anywhere without horsey the horse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some parents hey! x :)

mrsb
13-05-2008, 03:01 PM
flippin heck how silly, ok it's good to encourage the lil one not to take it everywhere but she could have at least had it hidden in a bag to give you or something:rolleyes:

Mollymop
13-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Silly mum, she didn't even have a thought about how it would affect him during the day, or how it would effect you.

Pauline
13-05-2008, 03:18 PM
and if he is happy when she comes to collect she probably won't believe how bad he's been! and will no doubt do it again!!! :panic:

sarah707
13-05-2008, 05:15 PM
Some parents :rolleyes:

Can you buy one so you always have something at your house?? :D

Jinx
13-05-2008, 05:40 PM
Some parents :rolleyes:

Can you buy one so you always have something at your house?? :D

I would have done this is if it stood any chance of working, but his spongebob stinks!!! He has a spare at his aunties house, but doesn't like it cos its clean!!!

When mum came to get him, he was happily playing in the sand pit, so like Pauline said, she was very surprised when I said how upset he'd been! :rolleyes:

But I did get one up on her!!!! She said when she left him this morning...'there's a hat in his bag but you'll never get him to wear it'
:p He had it on when she came for him!!!!! Wore it all day!!!!! I'm more stubborn than he is.....I like a challange. :laughing:

Jinx x

breezy
13-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Who said minding isn't fun?:laughing:

Tatia
13-05-2008, 08:16 PM
Poor little guy. My daughter is 4 in a few days and I'd never dream of sending her off to bed or on a trip or even to ballet class without Ruphie, her cuddly reindeer. He's pretty grotty but she loves him!

Pipsqueak
13-05-2008, 08:22 PM
Poor little thing - a comforter is special no matter what the child announces at 8.05am cuz you know by 8.15 they'll want it!!

Harry (middle son age 73/4s) has his blanky still. Its a cot blanket that he became attached to when he was poorly when he was 9months old. The blanket is raggy and worn, in danger of disintegrating (thank goodness he is ok with me washing it) and although it doesn't have to travel with us everywhere (only an overnight/away) it has to stay on his bed and if he is feeling poorly or down its blanky time.

Hey my sister who is 32 still has a square of her blue blanky with the silky bit on her bed!!!

crazybones
13-05-2008, 08:31 PM
Gosh Gimley was lashed across the room in a rage by my 2 year old this morning but if he hadnt have been there at sleep time :eek: Doesnt bare thinking about. Even the next door neighbour has had to give Gim a kiss before sleep, and my 11 year old still sleeps with his blanket from the moses basket. He went on a year 6 holiday recently and took it with him and apparently there were a lot of children with items of comfort for bedtime so he was not embarressed at all about getting the moth eaten, hole ridden piece of cloth out. :o

crazybones
13-05-2008, 08:40 PM
I have a guilty secret:blush:

If my daughter has been naughty, I kick Bear. Not when she can see, that would be child abuse:blush:
I feel better after:D
You should all try it.

That is wicked. You naughtly mummy.:laughing: :laughing:
I could never kick Gimley. Stick him in the washing machine and make him go round and round maybe but kick him :o

Pipsqueak
13-05-2008, 08:58 PM
Annie please do not judge until you try.

I promise you will feel sooooooo much better.

Just you wait, next week your 2yo will kick off in the middle of Tesco you will smile at all the other mothers and go home and kick the :censored: out of Gimley.;)

:ROFL1: PMSL PMSL

Mind you I am horrified I have Ted (a small yellow teddy that I have had for many many moons) and an ex-boyfriend decided to "beat" him up - I went beserk, walloped boyfriend who speedily became an ex. Ted is still with me, sat next to my bed (eldest son has him if he feels poorly), he is minus one eye (thanks to ex boyfriend) and a bit of a broken neck but woe betide anyone who hurts Ted.

crazybones
13-05-2008, 09:19 PM

Just you wait, next week your 2yo will kick off in the middle of Tesco you will smile at all the other mothers and go home and kick the :censored: out of Gimley.;)

:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1: Watch this space.

miffy
13-05-2008, 09:27 PM
You lot are wicked - shame on you :laughing:

Sorry you had a rough time with the little one Jinx - don't envy you a smelly spongebob!

miffy xx

Tatia
14-05-2008, 07:05 AM
You've just given me and my husband a good laugh this morning but I couldn't kick Ruphie because I'm his voice! Seri says to me "Mummy, make Ruphie talk" and then we carry on a conversation. He's a part of me, I guess, hehe. He's not just another cuddly toy in this house. He's part of the family and even if DD forgets him, sure as shoot one of us will say "where's Ruphie?" :rolleyes:

littlewonders
14-05-2008, 07:49 AM

LoL:ROFL1: that really did tickle me!!

I can just picture that - kung foo kick and everything :laughing:

What a shame my kids don't have any comforters :( xx