PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone doing the Level 2 with Parenta Training?

AliceK
07-10-2011, 10:14 AM
As above.

Have a quick question

xxxx

PinkFairy24
08-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Hi there!

Just wanted to reply as I am just starting level 2 Xxx

AliceK
09-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Hi there!

Just wanted to reply as I am just starting level 2 Xxx

Hi
Thanks
Was just wondering if they have given you any text books or anything. My assessor sent me 3 assignments to complete and then when she came out to see me and I asked about receiving anything to read she said No they don't you have to source all the information yourself, so I have had to source and buy my own books. That's fine but I wish I had known about that beforehand so I could have been better prepared, or at least been told what I need to have before I actually started. It just seemed strange that I have not had anything to learn from but have been given assignments to complete. Obviously this is the way it's done :rolleyes:
Is it the same for you?

xxx

mrs robbie williams
10-10-2011, 05:29 AM
Hi Alice, yep im working my way through it. I didnt buy the book just do research on internet. I find it frustrating as my assessor takes forever to mark and give me feedback on my assigments i submit, its only a 6 mont course so im trying to work through the bits i can as quick as poss as it wont be long and my spare time will be taken up with xmas shopping. She is coming to assess me tomorow as i have baby mindee so she said we should be able to complete lots :thumbsup: what are you stuck on? xx

AliceK
10-10-2011, 09:37 AM
Hi Alice, yep im working my way through it. I didnt buy the book just do research on internet. I find it frustrating as my assessor takes forever to mark and give me feedback on my assigments i submit, its only a 6 mont course so im trying to work through the bits i can as quick as poss as it wont be long and my spare time will be taken up with xmas shopping. She is coming to assess me tomorow as i have baby mindee so she said we should be able to complete lots :thumbsup: what are you stuck on? xx

Thanks for replying.
I have 3 assignments covering Contribute to the support of child and young person development. 2.2
Now I have the book the assignments make more sense so hopefully I can get them written up and sent back to her this week although I'm sure she goes on holiday on Friday anyway.
I was just a bit shocked to not receive anything to read through that's all but when she came to see me she said that I knew it all anyway even if I don't think I do :laughing: I'm so old it's been a long time since I had to do any formal learning and I'm used to having to read through things and understand things before I do any written work if that makes sense.

xxxx

PinkFairy24
11-10-2011, 12:44 PM
Hi I've only just started and she said that the book level 2 Children and yound people's workforce is the best one to have. I have bought it and am finding it very useful.

She has started me on the promote child development as this is a section I have added as the extra one. This book doesn't say a lot though about the tasks I have!! I need to say how my environment promotes development but can't really find that.

Alice you must be doing the next section f child development if your tasks are 2? At the minute I am on 1!

Good luck with it!

AliceK
11-10-2011, 12:48 PM
Hi I've only just started and she said that the book level 2 Children and yound people's workforce is the best one to have. I have bought it and am finding it very useful.

She has started me on the promote child development as this is a section I have added as the extra one. This book doesn't say a lot though about the tasks I have!! I need to say how my environment promotes development but can't really find that.

Alice you must be doing the next section f child development if your tasks are 2? At the minute I am on 1!

Good luck with it!

Yes that's the book I have bought too and so far it looks like it will be very helpful.
I still haven't figured out just when I'm meant to find the time to do this though :blush: . I think I'm going to have to forfeit some evening soap watching unless I can persuade OH to take the kids out for a while on a Sunday. Needs must :blush:
Good luck with it :thumbsup:

xxxx

Louise317
13-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Hello ladies is this the book by Penny Tassoni ?

I've just been sent my first assignments... contribute to the support of child and young persons development.

I've called and emailed my assessor but no response yet to let me know which book is best. In the learner hand book it says use a book that was re-published in 2008... so was waiting on confirmation :(

xx

PinkFairy24
13-10-2011, 04:34 PM
Louise,

Yes that is the book, my assessor recommended it to me so I went straight on Amazon and bought it!

I am doing the same assignment, but while the book is good there isn't really much on what the first task asked. The question is saying how does the environment promote development? The book goes on about children's development but I couldn't find a lot about the environment apart from discrimination, poverty etc. Not much when they ask you to draw up your environment e.g. home and mention areas promoting development.

Hoping yuu get hold of your assessor soon.

Claire Xxx

AliceK
13-10-2011, 06:14 PM
Hello ladies is this the book by Penny Tassoni ?

I've just been sent my first assignments... contribute to the support of child and young persons development.

I've called and emailed my assessor but no response yet to let me know which book is best. In the learner hand book it says use a book that was re-published in 2008... so was waiting on confirmation :(

xx

Hi
I see you're also in Berkshire. Is Sarah your assesor? You have been given the same assignment as me by the looks of things.

xxx

Louise317
14-10-2011, 07:28 PM
Hi
I see you're also in Berkshire. Is Sarah your assesor? You have been given the same assignment as me by the looks of things.

xxx

Hi AliceK, I am, Yes Sarah :) Came back yesterday about which book and I ordered and was delivered today... so two weeks to get my head around it :) Not tonight though been a hard week :) X

AliceK
15-10-2011, 03:15 PM
Hi AliceK, I am, Yes Sarah :) Came back yesterday about which book and I ordered and was delivered today... so two weeks to get my head around it :) Not tonight though been a hard week :) X

Sarah seems really nice. I think she is on holiday now for a couple of weeks. I've literally just finished off my work and sent it over to her for when she gets back. Hopefully I've done it all in a way that's acceptable.
I'm off to try and get some of my tax return done now before OH gets home with the children because there's no chance of getting any paperwork done then :laughing:
Good luck with it all :thumbsup:

xxx

Louise317
26-10-2011, 10:08 PM
Sarah seems really nice. I think she is on holiday now for a couple of weeks. I've literally just finished off my work and sent it over to her for when she gets back. Hopefully I've done it all in a way that's acceptable.
I'm off to try and get some of my tax return done now before OH gets home with the children because there's no chance of getting any paperwork done then :laughing:
Good luck with it all :thumbsup:

xxx

She does seem nice doesn't she. Yes on holiday due back Monday, she then be calling for coming to do observation visits!!

I've nearly finished now had to sit back while I've been sorting things out for my upcoming Inspection :panic:

I'm finding it a little hard to review my effectiveness when I've only been open 4 months!?

As you say, hope answers are in a way the expect.

And next assignments I'll be looking at on day of receipt :)

Hope you get a good review to :)

Louise x