PDA

View Full Version : Car use - mileage?

rosebud
07-10-2011, 09:44 AM
Hi all

I know we can claim 45p per mile for car use but just wondered how many miles per week you claim on your accounts. Do you record your actual miles and if so how? or do you just claim an approximate amount and if so how many miles does this tend to be? I'm just trying to find ways of simplifying my accounts. Any help appreciated.

Roz

aly
07-10-2011, 10:18 AM
There's no min or max number of miles you do. as long as it's work related you claim 100%

X

rickysmiths
07-10-2011, 10:43 AM
I claim for every mile. I keep a note book in the car and use the trip meter to record the journey length.

I claim for school, pre-school, toddler group runs. Any outings. If I collect a child or pop one home I record the miles.

I claim for trips to the bank. Supermarket visits for shopping and other shops for buying resourses. I also claim parking fees.

Trips to places further afield and to training. Remember if you take other cms in the car on outins or to training you can claim an extra 5p per mile.

rosebud
07-10-2011, 11:02 AM
Remeber if you take other cms in the car on outins or to training you can claim an extra 5p per mile.

I didn't know this, thanks

Chatterbox Childcare
07-10-2011, 02:29 PM
I didn't know this, thanks

Sorry but this information is wrong - you can only claim if you have an employee in your car, not another childminder

Checked this out with HMRC after Mr A highlighted this and we cannot claim it

NI MINDER
15-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Do we have to keep a break down of what miles are or is it enough to record and enter how many childminding miles per week?
thanks

-- i have always done a break down but thinking would be simpler if i could just put in number of miles per week.

Thanks

Demonjill
15-10-2011, 05:36 PM
I thought it was 45p per mile for the first so many miles then less per mile after that??

cannot remember the number but think it would only bother you if you do thousands and thousands of miles :thumbsup:

aly
15-10-2011, 06:28 PM
I thought it was 45p per mile for the first so many miles then less per mile after that??

cannot remember the number but think it would only bother you if you do thousands and thousands of miles :thumbsup:
10,000 i think...could be wrong.

christine e
15-10-2011, 06:51 PM
10,000 i think...could be wrong.

That is my understanding too

MrAnchovy
15-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Yes it drops to 25p after 10,000 miles. You do have to keep a record of every journey I am afraid.