PDA

View Full Version : waiting for cert.....advise?

zoe compton
13-05-2008, 12:57 PM
hi, Can anyone tell me how long a cert normally takes to come through after your inspection? I've chased my crb and told it's all done apart from the police their deadline was last friday and its still not come back..the crb people won't chase it for at least another 4 weeks!!!! I'm panicking a bit because i've got a mindee lined up and really don't want to lose her as she is exactly what i was looking for but the mum really needs me to start 2nd June..even if i get the cert by then i've been told i'm still looking at 4-6 weeks for the ncma toolkit with my ins?!?!?! Worst case I was thinking i could buy a seperate ins (maybe micheal morton?) just so i dont lose this job... anyone got any advise on how to speed things up or is it a case of just sitting and waiting and losing the job?:(

berkschick
13-05-2008, 01:05 PM
OFSTED cant register you until they have all CRB back clear. And until you have your registraction you can not get your insurance and can not mind.

My insurance was from NCMA and my insurance cert came 2 days after I paid for it.

Are you getting the insurance and toolkit as part of a grant or something? I think this can slow things down a bit.

I would give OFSTED a call and explain the situation, maybe they would be able to chase it up for you.

zoe compton
13-05-2008, 01:15 PM
thanks debbie. i've just called ofsted and they are only waiting on the crb.....but the crb people won't chase the police for another 4 weeks so it is just a case of sitting and waiting!! and yes i'm getting the toolkit as part of the grant and have been told it can take ages!! looks like i may lose this mindee after all...

angeldelight
15-05-2008, 09:43 AM
Hope you dont wait long

Angel xx

littlewonders
16-05-2008, 06:00 AM
Hi Zoe, I was in exactly the same situation as you last monday. Had a mindee lined up for a week or two, needing to start ASAP. CRB finally came back Tuesday and then I received my reg cert yesterday, I was very shocked at how quick OFSTED sent the cert out!!!

Hold on in there....I hope it all works out well for you. Fingers Crossed for you :thumbsup:

karenjoy
16-05-2008, 06:54 AM
ope you dont lose the mindee xx