PDA

View Full Version : Inclusion courses

solly
06-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Last month I was due to go on an Inclusion course which was over two weekends. I the end I couldn't do the 1st week as i had a family wedding so had to cancel the course.

We have to do an inclusion couse to access other courses its all to do with DCATCH

There are a couple of courses i would like to do and one of those is Dyspraxia as have just taken a child on with this condition.

I am not able to do the couse unless i do the inclusion course first and the ones that are being run i am not able to get to.

It has been suggested to me that i do an online course with virtual college which i am happy to do but have been looking at the courses and am not sure which one i need to do

Any help would be appreciated as would like to get it done before the end of Oct

rosebud
06-10-2011, 11:52 AM
No advice about courses with virtual college I'm afraid but just wanted to say we had a DCatch scheme here last year and I found it really good. I did several courses and feel much better prepared and confident but also much more open to the idea of looking after children with additional needs. Good luck with it, I think its well worth doing.

sarah707
06-10-2011, 05:45 PM
I would go back to your local people and check - rather that than get it wrong! :D

Helen Dempster
06-10-2011, 05:48 PM
I went on the DCatch course at the beginning of the year - and found it brilliant. I didn't have to do any other course prior to that, I just got an invitation via email from NCMA. It didn't have a great turn out - there were only about 7 of us in total! But I'm glad I went, it was really worthwhile.

Good luck!