PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Ironbridge/Coalbrookdale? Help me out!

jumpinjen
06-10-2011, 07:34 AM
Morning Ladies,

Hope you're all doing well and enjoying the Autumn

apologies for being so quiet recently - my baby is nearly eleven weeks old now and I'm looking toward when I'll be back at work - although it could be in a different town!!

We are looking at a house in Ironbridge and might very well be having to settle into minding in a new place come Janurary - what is there to do there? libraries? Parks? Groups? Any other minders on here? Help me if you can! Thanks!

Love, Jen x

Flisspaps
06-10-2011, 07:44 AM
I live in Telford.

There's not a huge amount going on in Ironbridge that I know of, it's rather a touristy place - very pretty!

There's one park in Ironbridge which is situated near to the river, so that's a consideration (Dale End Park) There's no library, the nearest one would be Madeley which is a short drive away but I don't think it's a particularly big one. There are lots of museums but apart from Enginuity they're not great for little children and they all charge entry fees.

This link (http://www.telford.gov.uk/site/scripts/google_results.aspx?q=toddler+groups&x=14&y=26) has the Telford South Activity schedule on it about half way down the page, and there seems to be plenty on in the surrounding areas (Madeley, Woodside) but bear in mind these might be quite busy as those parts of town are generally where support is aimed at!

Ironbridge also floods regularly (think annually) - they do now have flood barriers which they put up but even if they're up in time to hold the water back, the main drag along Ironbridge Wharfage (the street that runs from one end of Ironbridge front to the other) gets closed to traffic which may make life difficult for you if you need to get out and about in the car (public transport in Ironbridge isn't great) and for parents trying to drop off to you! If you're up on the top of the valley then the flooding won't be so much of a problem, but if you're walking with a buggy then it's all fairly steep hills.

Flisspaps
06-10-2011, 07:59 AM
It could be worth contacting the Childcare Team for T&W on 01952 385438
or childcareteam@telford.gov.uk

They will be able to tell you what groups they run, what facilities are available and also which parts of Telford they are short of minders in - then you could perhaps search for houses in those parts of town.

jumpinjen
06-10-2011, 08:24 AM
That's a great help - thankyou - the house we looked at was up on the hillside so no flooding, and we came accross the little park whilst looking around but an internet search didn't show any libraries or anything - I know why now! I do drive so can get out to activities in telford and surrounding areas - but hadn't thought about parents getting stuck on the other side of the gorge! I'll give the team a ring later and see what's going on! If we do move there I'll be shouting out for friends nearer the time!!!!

thanks, jen :D

Monkey1
02-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Really enjpyed our meet up last week and im so excited your going to be over here! Your Children are a delight and such a credit to you! :jump for joy:

jumpinjen
03-11-2011, 07:10 AM
Aw shucks! I'm kinda excited too! It's not the dream house in the country we always dreamed of (doesn't everyone!?) but it's a lovely happy medium - out of the city and so much space - I think i'll rattle around without my little walls to bounce off all day! Supercool to know someone already before we move too! It was great to meet you and thanks for the lovely comments about my girls - you saw them on their best behaviour ha ha ha!!

Jenni x

nipper
03-11-2011, 07:22 AM
Hi I live just up the road in Horsehay. There's a toddler group going on this morning at Lightmoor Primary if you're interested, starts around 9.30am. Unfortunately I've got a little one settling in, so won't be there this week, but pm me and maybe we can arrange to get together.
Emma x

jumpinjen
03-11-2011, 07:57 AM
Hi Emma,

The move won't happen until mid-late January probably as the people in there are waiting for a new build to be finished - due to be done by Christamas but you know how builders are!!! But it would be great to start finding out about some places to go ready for the move! I have pm'd you!

Thanks, Jen x