PDA

View Full Version : Speciel/additional neeeds policy?

hoochi
13-05-2008, 11:52 AM
what have you put on this policy i have put i will cater for the child and if i find a child has additional needs whilst being in my care i will discuiss it with parent do i need to put i will contact relevant services etc also im stuck in writing my child protection policy if someone wouldnt mind giving me a few hints/tips, much appreciated

MissTinkerbell
13-05-2008, 12:20 PM
Hi

I used to be SENCO when I was teaching and I rewrote the school's SEN policy. I looked at the SEN Policy on the Bromley site and TBH it's very good, so I have used this as a basis for mine.

You don't need to list which outside agencies you will use, as you won't know which ones you will use until you identify the Special Need.

I put in about Early Years action and EY action plus and about writing IEPs but I have a background in this.

I mentioned that I would liase with SENCO at nusery and with relevant people on my local early years team.

If you pm me, I'll send you a copy of mine.

hoochi
13-05-2008, 12:50 PM
hi melanie thank you but i dont know how to pm you i know this sounds really daft im still getting used to it x

MissTinkerbell
13-05-2008, 12:55 PM
No, I'm not sure either!!!!

MissTinkerbell
13-05-2008, 12:56 PM
Just found out - click on my name in the message and it gives you a drop down menu. then click on send private message.

MissTinkerbell
13-05-2008, 01:02 PM
Have pm you with my SEN Policy