PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas

lizzymoonshine
05-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Hi all

Just wondered if anyone could offer any inspiration for me. Things are so quiet minding wise at the moment. I just lost three children to full time school and just not filled their vacancies. i'm advertising in the usual ways but there is nothing. Was graded outstanding in April and i really don't want to quit, but not sure i'm going to have a choice soon. :(

rosebud
05-10-2011, 01:50 PM
I'm in exactly the same situation, was given outstanding in May and children (who I'd had from babies) left in August to start school, one of whom now comes after school 2 evenings but that is the only work Ive had. Its just starting to pick up, Today I've got a contract signed to start in 2 weeks - part time but 2 children and am waiting to hear from another parent for a January start. Hang in there for a bit longer it would be a shame to give it up if its what you love doing.

sarah707
05-10-2011, 04:55 PM
I put some tips on my blog the other day which you might find helpful :D

www.knutsfordchildminding.blogspot.com

uf353432
05-10-2011, 06:32 PM
have you tried speaking to your local school and see if they would put something in their newsletter to let parents know that you are outstanding childminder and now finally have vacancies. you might pick up after schoolers or even siblings of school kids...

christine e
05-10-2011, 07:09 PM
Could you see if you can get involved in the scheme to give 15 hours free childcare to disadvantaged 2 years old - I know someone else in your village who is doing it

Christine