PDA

View Full Version : Transporting Schema

Boris
05-10-2011, 07:42 AM
All of my LO's are doing this at the moment. They are 21 months, 18 months and 3yrs. I have a truck, buggies, bags and boxes and various things to transport. How can I extend on this for eldest one? I don't know what he's learning from it!? I've tried to get him to transport all the red things or all the smooth things etc but he really just wants to do what the LO's are doing!!

rosebud
05-10-2011, 08:42 AM
Could you try playing shops? He can transport his "shopping" around by various means and you might be able to get some PRN (counting) or KUW in(talking about his shopping).

Boris
05-10-2011, 06:25 PM
Thanks Rosebud, I will try those ideas. I thought he would have grown out of this by now though!?

uf353432
05-10-2011, 06:49 PM
my oldest daughter is 6 next week and was a serious transporter and I STILL see elements of it in her play now. I don't think they ever really grow out of their schema.

You could do transporting with different types of materials - water, ice, sand,feathers, wood, pasta, chalk etc. You could talk about how easy some are to carry compared to others. Weights and textures. you could do straight line transporting and then transporting over some obstacles and see how easy some of those things were now. You could transport indoors and outdoors - if its a windy day how does that effect the feathers or the sand? You could measure the water at the start and then measure the water at the end and see how much was spilt. Early Years Science :)

Boris
05-10-2011, 07:07 PM
You could do transporting with different types of materials - water, ice, sand,feathers, wood, pasta, chalk etc. You could talk about how easy some are to carry compared to others. Weights and textures. you could do straight line transporting and then transporting over some obstacles and see how easy some of those things were now. You could transport indoors and outdoors - if its a windy day how does that effect the feathers or the sand? You could measure the water at the start and then measure the water at the end and see how much was spilt. Early Years Science

Thank you, they are brilliant ideas. :clapping:

kel1983
05-10-2011, 07:30 PM
I got a transporter He likes to fill the dolls pram up with sand and then empty it onto the playhouse floor :angry: