PDA

View Full Version : Do you warn other parents when a child has been sick?

Mouse
04-10-2011, 04:33 PM
On of my dads has phone to say that lo was sick a couple of hours after leaving here today (of course, it must be something I've given them to eat, or a bug that they've picked up here. Couldn't possibly be something she's picked up in the 4 days she's not been with me :rolleyes: ).

Would you let other parents know? I don't think it's something lo has eaten as we've all had the same (and I have never yet given a child food poisoning), so I don think it's a bug lo has come here with (no one else has been ill).

Dad did say they'd let me know if lo wouldn't be coming tomorrow...I did explain I would see lo on Friday at the earliest!

blue bear
04-10-2011, 05:09 PM
I dont usually, but then all mine know each other and post on Facebook, I always thought we can't name a sick child due to confidentiality

QualityCare
04-10-2011, 05:12 PM
No l wouldn't, unless another child came down with it as well then l would mention that x was also sick but again you couldn't be sure the bug came from you 1st child could have brought it in.

VINASOL
04-10-2011, 05:36 PM
I do actually let other parents know that a child is ill...I don't tell them which child but I don't see the harm letting them know -- most of my parents have appreciated my honesty especially so that they can keep an 'extra eye' on their child in case they get ill.

AliceK
04-10-2011, 06:16 PM
I do actually let other parents know that a child is ill...I don't tell them which child but I don't see the harm letting them know -- most of my parents have appreciated my honesty especially so that they can keep an 'extra eye' on their child in case they get ill.

I do the same :thumbsup:
xxx

jellytot
04-10-2011, 06:19 PM

I do this also :thumbsup:

uf353432
04-10-2011, 07:09 PM
I tell parents out of courtesy.

janminder
04-10-2011, 07:47 PM
I tell other parents too!!

watgem
04-10-2011, 07:59 PM
I do too, just don't name them:)