PDA

View Full Version : 2 under 1's

~Grasshopper~
04-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Hi,

I ve had a variation approved today for 2 under 1's. i only asked for it for 4 weeks till 1 of them turns 1year. My new cert just says 2 under 1 year though.
does this variation only apply to these children?? so in 4 weeks i go back to my old cert?? it doesnt say a time limit on it.

:rolleyes: i am confuddled as normal, think its cos ive had an afternoon off.
x

Mouse
04-10-2011, 03:53 PM
A variation for 2 under is is slightly different to a variation to change your numbers.

Once you have it on your certificate that you can have 2 unders 1's, that stands for any mindees, for as long as you want it to (ie. unless you asked them to take it off your certificate). It isn't child or time specific, so if the situation arose again, you wouldn't have to re-apply :thumbsup:

Penny1959
04-10-2011, 05:15 PM
Agree with Mouse - variations for 2 under ones will stay unless you ask to have it removed.

It is all part of the move to stop Ofsted doing so many variations - which costs money.

Those of you who have looked at the review of EYFS documents will have noted that the wording for under ones is 'normally 1 under one' which means that variations for under ones could be a thing of the past.

Penny :)

ceci_anu
05-10-2011, 10:36 AM
hi i just seen your message on this board.I would like to know how to ask ofsted if i have to look after two children under 1.I have sole charge expereince as nanny.Will that be enough to ask ofsted or is there any other thing ?Pls help.
Cecilia
Childminder

Penny1959
05-10-2011, 03:33 PM
hi i just seen your message on this board.I would like to know how to ask ofsted if i have to look after two children under 1.I have sole charge expereince as nanny.Will that be enough to ask ofsted or is there any other thing ?Pls help.
Cecilia
Childminder

You have to phone the helpline 033 123 1231 and ask for a variation form - then fill in and return the form - it is quite straight forward.

Penny :)

cherry
05-10-2011, 04:16 PM
There is a form in the free downloads

~Grasshopper~
05-10-2011, 05:04 PM
yep i just phoned up and the man emailed it over to me and i emailed it back. simple.

x