PDA

View Full Version : A planning sheet a day?

jadavi
03-10-2011, 09:45 PM
Hi - finally planning my first proper week with my mindee having got reg last week. . Am I expected to submit a plan a day for what I do with him?

mrs robbie williams
04-10-2011, 05:36 AM
Hi there, no not a plan a day but i do a weekly plan which links into a monthly plan which 'in theory' links into our theme - doesnt always work out but at least i have done the planning and its in my folder for next time xx

sarah707
04-10-2011, 08:26 AM
No... it depends on the age of the child.

The way I do it is to write a weekly overview plan showing how I have followed up observations from the previous week.

I then have themed group planning for the older children and the child's individual plan that goes in their file shows what they have done during those sessions.

Hth :D

jadavi
04-10-2011, 10:01 AM
Thanks, and presumably you have a choice of things to follow up? ie I have done his base line assessment and there are say 15 different areas to start developing. Do I list all of those and then work thru them with each obs?

JCrakers
04-10-2011, 10:17 AM
Ive got a yearly plan in a table...so Each Dec I think of themes and look at different celebrations so this Year Jan is Winter, Shapes and the colour White. Feb is Chinese New Yr, Valentines Day and Red. The next column I jot down ideas such as Valentines Cards, Hearts, Dragon, lanterns etc. The next column is the mane of the activity we did so we made valentines card for parents using red paper squares which the children glued on in a heart shape, next column are the childrens names and how I need to adapt each activity for each child.
i.e child A is 2.5yrs - may need help with placing the shapes
Child B is 4 yrs - more independant, able to follow instructions
Child C is 1yr - finger painting instead or maybe use crayons with supervision

Each time I do an activity I fill it in ...works for me :D

Observations are kept seperate in the childs folder

Becky x