PDA

View Full Version : RA toddler groups etc?

Sweetpea
03-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Hi Everyone

To what extent do I have to RA a toddler group or childrens centre activity that we attend?

Do I just RA the journey there & back?

Thanks

Sweetpea x

Penny1959
04-10-2011, 04:39 AM
The extent to which you do it - is up to you - you have to demonstrate that your RA helps keep the children safe from risks.

So yes the journey - but also factors about the toddler group - for example are hot drinks put in places that children can reach - are the exits secure but accessible in an emergency, are the toys clean and in good condition - and so on.

It is also up to you how you record this - my toddler group RA is a written checklist of things I do and check 'in my head' - so I have recorded what I do but I do not record either by filling in a form or ticking a sheet to say that I have done it. I just record if I come across a risk and what I did about it.

If you would like to see my toddler group RA - for some ideas - pm me your email address.

Penny :)

Sweetpea
04-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Thanks Penny

When I work out how to PM I will :blush:

Blondie654
09-10-2011, 08:50 PM
I would really appreciate a look at your RA for a toddler group also if possible Penny. I would PM you but as a new member i cannot do this yet.

I am just coming back to work afte being off on Maternity so have a lot of things to change and RA's are the last in a huge pile of paperwork to get done!

Tazmin68
03-11-2011, 09:45 AM
Hi I was inspected Tuesday and inspector recommended that I get a copy of the RA that all of the groups that i attend will have completed before I get there and that will cover me as I then also do my own with regards to getting to and from group and basics such as have i got fees, nappies wipes, toilets and hot drinks and mobile phone issues.