PDA

View Full Version : Halloween - anyone??

Fairy Tanya
03-10-2011, 08:01 PM
Hi all.
What is everyone doing for Halloween.
At my house, we are making a very big Cauldron, by using a large space hopper as a mould and paper mache-ing it.
done about 3 layers so far.. and it's looking well, rather round at moment.
I've never had so much fun. tho, the kids would rather not paper mache. Don't know what's up with kids anymore.
I used to love getting covered in glue and sticking it all together.
Anyway, I'm going to make some pumpkins from mache and balloons, and the kids will paint and decorate them when they have gone hard.

What is everyone else doing as activities for halloween???

Tanya

Greengrass74
03-10-2011, 08:14 PM
We are going to the U.S. next week for our holidays and as you all know they really celebrate hallowen, we always go this time of year and end up bringing loads of hallowen stuff back and I guess this year will be no differant :clapping:

The LO's really love all the hallowen sweets we bring back :thumbsup:

RachelE
03-10-2011, 09:20 PM
I keep meaning to ask my parents how they feel about Halloween.

I ahvent normally bothered as have only had EYFS children.
I now have a few B&A schoolers and think they might like to do something.

But, know, that a lot of people dont like Halloween, so must send out a question -will do that now.

I probably wouldnt go mad anyway, not one for over playing celebrations.

Rachel x

mrs robbie williams
04-10-2011, 05:41 AM
we will be having a party on the friday of half term, ds7 loves halloween and we did a party last yr which was a success, mindees 7 and 5 come aswell and school friends which mindees know aswell. Im just getting over a damn kidney infection so been bit spaced out on painkillers but now im nearly back to 'normal' so will start planning it now xx

Happy Bunny
04-10-2011, 08:28 AM
We are making a huge spider out of black bags stuffed with newspaper, plus having a little halloween party.
All my parents are quite happy for us to celebrate this :clapping:
I decorate the kitchen and last year even did the garden, not too sure about doing the garden this year though as it took me most of a day last year.

jumping j
04-10-2011, 11:20 AM
what a great idea to make a cauldron, I'll be giving this a go later this week!
We've been growing pumpkins in the garden since spring, which i'd hoped would be ready to carve for halloween, they're now too big to pick up!!!
It's my birthday close to halloween and we always have a fancy dress party so the house will be decorated as a spooky mansion, which my nieces and nephew's loved last year so we'll see how it goes down this year!!;)

louised
04-10-2011, 11:56 AM
We are going to the U.S. next week for our holidays and as you all know they really celebrate hallowen, we always go this time of year and end up bringing loads of hallowen stuff back and I guess this year will be no differant

Me too!!! Can't wait, never been out there for halloween before.

This is the first time in 4 years that I won't be doing halloween activities with my mindees but looking forward to all the halloween craft supplies I can get out there:)

Greengrass74
04-10-2011, 12:09 PM
All the supermarkets, walmart, publix, target etc, are full of hallowen stuff also look in Walgreens, they have some great costumes, we always end up bringing some back, might see you there :thumbsup:

Fairy Tanya
04-10-2011, 12:17 PM
What Great ideas.
U.S. always go ott with celebrations, but it's nice to see the kids going out.

Last year, I grew quite a big pumpkin last year, and carved it like a carraige for cinderella. I put my daughters barbie inside it, hanging out of the door, a carved mouse was on the front and I used my daughters barbie horses for the front. using all this, i placed it onto an old victorian style pram base.
and when the children came round, they asked what happened.
"Cinderella was getting a bit rowdy, so I shrunk her". They loved it.
the front garden on the pavement was queued with children, come to have a look. So this year I have to top that.
Also found out from the kids earlier this year, that I'm the only person in the village that does this. and they are looking forward to coming again this year. So I had better get a move on.
so have got a few of my friends and neighbours involved this year. so hopefully should be good.
If I can ever figure out how to put photo's on here. I'll leave some.
Pauline, I just found out how to look at my profile, and was wondering. is there anyway to have some photo's on the profile, like halloween things. or what our settings look like, rather than putting it onto a thread. Not sure how that would work.

Anyway, hope you all have a wonderful Halloween.
Tanya