PDA

View Full Version : SEF

NicoleW
03-10-2011, 06:09 PM
I'm finding it really difficult (I've already bought your ebook Sarah thanks!).

I only childmind a 9 month old, so questions like
e) The extent to which children make a positive contribution

Is really throwing me.

I've written down in most cases what I plan to do when I have children at the appropriate age, such as talking to them about healthy eating, staying safe, stranger danger, who helps us, helping with food preperation etc etc.

It keeps going on about children's decisions, and things like that but my mindee can't really make informed decisions on what he'd like to eat that particular day.

Tealady
03-10-2011, 06:19 PM
This may not be correct but I just put that due to the age and developmental stage of my mindee this is not yet possible, in answer to these type of questions.

You are supposed to be continually eveluating what you do, so when you have any new mindees to which these types of questions are relevant or the mindee gets to that stage then I go in and amend the SEF

NicoleW
03-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Ah right so I'll be alright saying that in it then? I have stated I will rewrite my SEF every 6 months or when I get a new mindee.

uf353432
03-10-2011, 07:35 PM
A child can make informed decisions on what they like to eat - if you offer them a range of different finger foods for example - they can select what they like the look of and control their own eating choices. I dare say even a 9mth old baby can judge what they need if given a wide range of options in front of them. Even if mum and dad supply lunch - you can offer a selection at snack time. They can do the same if you allow them to choose toys for themselves by having them in easy reach or stored at an appropriate level. Games, toys or foods can be offered to a baby in each hand - do you want gren or blue, cheese or fruit and maybe can make a decision which one they want - simple decision making you probably already do and can write in your sef :)